Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

£50 to cancel your season ticket !!

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
A mate of mine has just lost his job and cant afford the monthly DD payments for the forthcoming season for him and his son. Apparently to cancel the season tickets the club are asking him for £50 cancellation fee per ticket !

Bit excessive, especially considering his situation !

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Agreed, especially if it was just a renewal of season tickets and they have not issued new cards. If I were him I would just cancel the Direct Debit with the bank and give them nothing.

Gertrude

May 10, 2014
Just tell him to cancel it with the bloody bank. Free.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
And especially as the May and June DD payments he has made (2 lots of about £40) are also effectively pre-payments on his 2014/15 seat. So that's £80 of DDs lost, and they want £50 cancellation as well??? That's £130 in total, which is about 26% of the cost of his annual season ticket, which is close to extortion I think.............

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
As someone who was also made redundant, if I were him, I'd just cancel the DD online and then tell the club to swivel. Disgusting behaviour by the club.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Pretty sure the £50 charge is in the T+Cs of a ST that you agree to when you get one, so the club isnt completely in the wrong for charging it and is asking for said person to follow the agreement.

Its morally wrong and shouldnt be charged in certain circumstances, of course. As said, cancelling with the bank is free.

Another alternative is passing it on to someone else and just get them to pay you the money each month.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Beware that if you just cancel it with the bank you'll be banned from the Amex for a season (no joke).

If that's true then it's even worse behaviour by the club. I'm all for making the club break even but screwing people made redundant ? I've said it before and been slammed for it but there is something rotten at the heart of the "commercial" club now.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
If he drops an email to Paul barber and explains the situation and the fact he has already paid £80 but will be getting nothing for it then I suspect the man (despite all the people on here who think he is satan) will get something sorted out

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
And especially as the May and June DD payments he has made (2 lots of about £40) are also effectively pre-payments on his 2014/15 seat. So that's £80 of DDs lost, and they want £50 cancellation as well??? That's £130 in total, which is about 26% of the cost of his annual season ticket, which is close to extortion I think.............

Are you sure they want the £50 on top of the two DD payments they've taken already? I'd have thought that since the season hasn't started and thus no games have been watched, they would refund the DD's taken less the £50 cancellation charge. No?

If he drops an email to Paul barber and explains the situation and the fact he has already paid £80 but will be getting nothing for it then I suspect the man (despite all the people on here who think he is satan) will get something sorted out

It will be an interesting test then - let's see what happens. Not saying Barber wont do the right thing, just not certain he will

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
If that's true then it's even worse behaviour by the club. I'm all for making the club break even but screwing people made redundant ? I've said it before and been slammed for it but there is something rotten at the heart of the "commercial" club now.

A mate of mine has just lost his job and cant afford the monthly DD payments for the forthcoming season for him and his son. Apparently to cancel the season tickets the club are asking him for £50 cancellation fee per ticket !

Bit excessive, especially considering his situation !

As someone who was also made redundant, if I were him, I'd just cancel the DD online and then tell the club to swivel. Disgusting behaviour by the club.

Silly question, but since when does being made redundant mean that he couldn't just go out and find another job, the redundancy pay-off should tide him over until he starts working again? - Or is he expecting to never work again?

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
do an indemnity claim, via bank. BHA (any firm) HAS to refund money, then up to them whether they chase customer for it.. some how, I doubt the bad publicity would be worth it.

He was thinking of that, but as somebody said, you face a season long ban just for cancelling the DD, heaven knows what they will do if you claim the money back via the bank !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here