Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Surrey vs. Sussex - Kia Oval - Friday June 13th - Going to be Great!

Established1982

Jul 30, 2011
Hi Everyone..

Long time reader, infrequent poster. WSU Season Ticket Holder, Shoreham resident – and I work in London at the Kia Oval Cricket Ground.

Given my love for NSC, I thought it would be good to chuck Bozza some cash to advertise the Surrey – Sussex NatWest T20 Blast game at the Kia Oval on Friday week (June 13th). Game starts at 6.30pm.

I know there are quite a lot of NSCers who work up in London who might fancy a few beers after work and it couldn’t be easier to get back south afterwards (Vauxhall – Clapham – Sussex).

The game itself will be very decent indeed. KP will be playing for Surrey and we’ll be keen to get one back on Sussex, especially after the extraordinary way we lost at Hove last month.

Appreciate it’s the Holland v. Spain that night but this is actual live sport, in a good stadium where you can drink AND watch the match at the same time!

Tickets are £22 for adults, £1 for U16s – and you can get Club Level (better seat, private bar) for £40.

Those feeling flush / with a work budget might also want to consider Raise the Roof, where you’re up on the Roof Terrace at the top of the OCS Stand, get four free drinks and as much BBQ as you can trouser. That’s £99+VAT.

All the above can be bought at kiaoval.com/tickets.

Happy to field any questions here / take dogs abuse for working for Surrey. Hopefully people won’t feel this is too annoying and take it in the spirit I intended, which is giving an advert to NSC and advertising to an audience I thought might be interested.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Wouldn't mind seeing Pietersen vs Prior, but I have a feeling injury will prevent that (Prior is currently out, isn't he?).

Were loose, obviously.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I'd be well up for Raise The Roof... if you could guarantee the weather.

Saw a 5-over Surrey v Sussex T20 match a few years back. Not ideal.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
No, Prior is playing today.

Has he tended to play T20 games recently? Haven't been able to get to any so far.

Of course, we could field the entire Australian bowling attack and we'd still be certainties to lose against the might of the Surrey Superstars.

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford
I ordered my tickets for this game and take the two kids and Mrs Surrey Seagulls. I would say the £7.00 booking fee is a bit steep if I may.

Established1982

Jul 30, 2011
[MENTION=189]Wozza[/MENTION] - Can't guarantee the weather but, as name suggests, you're under a roof so you don't get wet. You also get £45 back if there's no play. We reckon you can get through £55 of booze and BBQ even with no cricket.
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] - Yes, veggie options on the BBQ. Loads of salad, veggie burgers, new potatoes and dessert. All included.#
[MENTION=363]SurreySeagulls[/MENTION] - Agree with you. We've binned the booking fee for Debit Cards for this year though, which is good news.

@Edna - That will be tasty. All depends on whether Prior is in the Test squad. If not selected then......

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
[MENTION=189]Wozza[/MENTION] - Can't guarantee the weather but, as name suggests, you're under a roof so you don't get wet. You also get £45 back if there's no play. We reckon you can get through £55 of booze and BBQ even with no cricket.

Fair enough. Not bad. It's +VAT, though.

Also, no money back if they play just 5 overs in the rain (like 2007 or whenever it was) I assume?

Established1982

Jul 30, 2011
[MENTION=189]Wozza[/MENTION] - Refund policy is full money back (minus the 55 quid on booze and bbq) if there are 9.5 overs or less bowled. Long range forecast says next Thursday (furthest away it goes) looks glorious, so here's hoping!

sagaman

Dec 25, 2005
Brighton
Strange that NSC is being used to promote Surrey

Many Albion fans will at the County Ground Hove this Friday 6 June to see the Sharks take on Glos at 7pm in the t20 blast. Come on you Sharks!!

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005

Many Albion fans will at the County Ground Hove this Friday 6 June to see the Sharks take on Glos at 7pm in the t20 blast. Come on you Sharks!!
There is a special offer for Friday night that can be taken up by anyone with affiliation/membership to a Sussex based cricket club.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Maybe someone at Sussex CCC needs to think about their marketing. NSC is far cheaper than the Argus, I imagine, and reaches a lot of people.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
I'll be in attendance, I'm one of those strange folk who follow the Albion but support The Rey, well I was born in Caterham.

Hopefully it will be as good as the game at Hove, cricket was the winner that night but I would say that...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here