Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where did you meet your other half ?

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
I met mine in the Birds Nest in Brighton. This was near Saint Peters Church and I think it may now be called the North Laines Tavern .Please correct me. It was a very popular disco in the 70s. Each table had a telephone and you could dial other table and also order your drinks. Mind you the phones only worked half the time. Happy days.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Sitting on Hove lawns.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
My best mates birthday party. I drank a bottle of JD, threw up in the garden and fell asleep in the bath. Strangely enough that didn't put her off.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
I was her Boss at HSBC

A couple of decent appraisals later...............................

I've never heard it called that before, Hiney.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Met for the very first time? When I stepped into my then dining room and saw her being interviewed by my now ex for the babysitting vacancy. Cliches do sometimes happen. :shrug:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Met for the very first time? When I stepped into my then dining room and saw her being interviewed by my now ex for the babysitting vacancy. Cliches do sometimes happen. :shrug:

Ooh. Did they make a film about your life? I'm pretty sure I've seen it.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Did you date many on there before you met her?

In maybe 4 years on and off the site, I guess overall I dated maybe 15-20 women. Ranging from utterly disastrous first dates which lasted less than half an hour; to a few which lasted 3-4 dates; to a couple of year-long relationships.

Met partner after a few months away from the site and went back on with a real no-compromise attitude whereas previously I had been a lot more flexible over things which were really, in my heart-of-hearts, show-stoppers for me.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Ooh. Did they make a film about your life? I'm pretty sure I've seen it.

The actual story isn't quite as dramatic as my previous post implies, though everything I wrote is true. What I missed out was that there was a 5-year gap between that first meeting and us getting together, by which time I was already divorced.

Yep, they did; they've made several short films with little plot that involve a young woman "meeting" an older man. I'm sure you've seen lots. :wink:

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Plenty of Fish.
She was the 4th one i'd met from the site

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills