Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Maybe the reason we haven't appointed anyone yet is....

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
There's been a lot of shit posted on here over the past couple of weeks as to why we have not appointed a new manager yet.

Has anyone stopped to think the reason he hasn't been announced yet is because the poor sod is taking a break and is on holiday?

Could you imagine the up roar if we appointed a manager who then went straight on his summer holidays!

Personally I think we have a new manager and will announce him in due course when he is ready to take up the post full time.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
If we offer someone a job then they don't have the right to have a holiday. They should knuckle down immediately and get on with it.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I wouldn't have a problem with us announcing a manager who was already on holiday, or just about to go on holiday. He could still be consulted on anything he needed to be consulted on by mobile phone or whatever.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
There's been a lot of shit posted on here over the past couple of weeks as to why we have not appointed a new manager yet.

Has anyone stopped to think the reason he hasn't been announced yet is because the poor sod is taking a break and is on holiday?

Could you imagine the up roar if we appointed a manager who then went straight on his summer holidays!

Personally I think we have a new manager and will announce him in due course when he is ready to take up the post full time.

Is he in Ibiza? :jester:

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
I wouldn't have a problem with us announcing a manager who was already on holiday, or just about to go on holiday. He could still be consulted on anything he needed to be consulted on by mobile phone or whatever.
He probably is!

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Most of who we have been linked with have been sacked or relived of their duties a while ago, how much holiday do they need ffs?

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing

Yep, and he can hold his press conference via face time while playing the 9th and on to the 10th.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
If we offer someone a job then they don't have the right to have a holiday. They should knuckle down immediately and get on with it.

Why exactly?

This will not be the reason why we have not named a new boss, but why would they not be able to take a holiday? what do you expect them to be doing in that time?

If Oscar hadnt quit, what would be be doing right now?

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Or the fact that we only interviewed last week and for senior roles there are A LOT of contractual issues to be resolved. The contracts need to be drawn up and there will be a bit of to-ing and fro-ing with agent/lawyers etc. Senior roles in most industries take weeks to finalise as you negotiate a package that suits and specific terms and conditions need to pass between both sets of lawyers.

I am sure that a manager is all but decided, but neither side will confirm until the contractuals are resolved. Given events 12m ago, I'm sure that the clubs lawyers are being a little more hard-working than most clubs would be over the fine details of the contract.

I find it staggering that people believe that a prospective manager would turn up for interview, agree to a multi-million pound, multi-year employment contract there and then and be in the press office holding up a Brighton shirt before teatime!

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Or the fact that we only interviewed last week and for senior roles there are A LOT of contractual issues to be resolved. The contracts need to be drawn up and there will be a bit of to-ing and fro-ing with agent/lawyers etc. Senior roles in most industries take weeks to finalise as you negotiate a package that suits and specific terms and conditions need to pass between both sets of lawyers.

I am sure that a manager is all but decided, but neither side will confirm until the contractuals are resolved. Given events 12m ago, I'm sure that the clubs lawyers are being a little more hard-working than most clubs would be over the fine details of the contract.

I find it staggering that people believe that a prospective manager would turn up for interview, agree to a multi-million pound, multi-year employment contract there and then and be in the press office holding up a Brighton shirt before teatime!

Why not?
When I'm interviewing I have the following criteria.....
Tight skirt, ample bosom, full lips and doesn't spill the tea climbing the stairs. If there is a tick in all four boxes, then its a yes on the spot.
I take a little bit more time over the female applicants.
2) Male.........

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
You don't hold back releasing good news, bad news you release slowly and try and get the timing right to inflict the least damage to you.

If we had a manager in place I'm sure we would say so to make sure they don't change their mind whilst on holiday leaving us embarrassed and going through the same thing with even less time before start of season.

Just give them a bit of time to consider what we are after and where we are going we don't want another mistake like last season.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Why exactly?

This will not be the reason why we have not named a new boss, but why would they not be able to take a holiday? what do you expect them to be doing in that time?

If Oscar hadnt quit, what would be be doing right now?

Whoosh.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here