Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Danny Baker's World Cup Show

life on mars 73

Oct 19, 2010
Anyone else see it last night on BBC4 ?

I know a lot of people don't like DB, but I've always found him to be a very amusing bloke. Original and quirky, and his genuine understanding of what it means to be a fan shines through all the time.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Agreed, enjoyed this. Saw lots of new stuff on there, and like his presenting style. Compare that to Murrs and Ferdinand the night previously......

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Always remember the support he gave us on 606 and the way he promoted fans united.
Nothing wrong with DB.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Well worth listening to Danny Baker's Desert Island Discs, if anyone does not like the bloke then I reckon this would change your mind. Amazingly positive about everything from having to money as a kid to beating cancer as an adult.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Worth following on Twitter @prodnose. Irreverent and amusing and often on the vino in the evening when he gets more belligerent.

I thought the programme could have done with a sharper edit but some good original stuff. The researchers earned their corn.

PG

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
I really enjoyed the show - made me laugh out loud in places. Even the missus cracked a smile every now and then.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Enjoyed bag of chips knocking the man's hat off, the Kilroy excerpt too. Lots of silly bits and pieces of awkward and bizarre football-related TV. Well worth a watch.

albionite

May 20, 2009
Why who dislikes him? Not seen too many people on here slag him off. Palace fans hate him so he is alright by me.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Anyone else see it last night on BBC4 ?

I know a lot of people don't like DB, but I've always found him to be a very amusing bloke. Original and quirky, and his genuine understanding of what it means to be a fan shines through all the time.

Thanks for that, I didn't see he had a show, but I love his stuff, so will definitely tune in next time. How regularly is it on?

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Thanks for that, I didn't see he had a show, but I love his stuff, so will definitely tune in next time. How regularly is it on?

It was a one-off. Think it's repeated this week at some point late at night

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Even for BBC3 and even for a football clips show that was insanely bad

Oh sweet Jesus, it was cringeworthy, wasn't it? What the hell does Murs have to do with football? And Ferdinand was more wooden than a set of Ikea fitted pine wardrobes.

The worst thing was the talking head bits they have in between the clips. There was some woman (presumably she's some kind of TV presenter or celebrity but I have no idea who) on there who I'd put at thirty, tops, talking about the Brazil 1970 team, and telling the camera "You just couldn't take your eyes off them".

FFS.

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
Why who dislikes him? Not seen too many people on here slag him off. Palace fans hate him so he is alright by me.

Because he is Millwall and loathes Palace, so that is the party line. Danny is a national treasure, and his insights into the vicissitudes of being a football fan are a source of endless joy to the discerning.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here