Mar 8, 2008

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
If anyone is equipped to hold a WC at such short notice, its us.

However I fear its just clutching at straws.

I agree
And
I agree

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
The decisions won't be changed they will come up with some fluff about how they have installed new processes for future bids that will safeguard against any wrong doing.

They are never short of a few brown envelopes at FIFA

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
There are a number of nations who could host the finals at short notice, but as a previous poster said, it won't happen. These lofty reports often occur. It's best to read nothing into them.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I think the investigation is looking at both bids. If they definitely find some FIFA officials were taking back-handers over Qatar, you'd have thought they'd have to have a re-vote on both. But, as you say, it's extremely unlikely - although I'm surprised the FA aren't kicking up a bit of a stink over it.

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
Nothing will be changed. They're only leaking this information and making a fuss about it now because they're deflecting attention away from Brazil who aren't quite ready to host a world cup which is a week and a half away. Bah, humbug.

I hope I'm wrong though.

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
Wouldn't normally believe anything in the Daily Star, but they have a point. If the Qatari bid is ruled out due to corruption surely that casts doubts over the Russia bid as well, as voting took place at the same time.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/world-cup-2014/381764/England-in-line-to-HOST-World-Cup-in-2018

Probably won't happen with the Russian world cup. The big difference being that Russia didn't fail the technical reports spectacularly in the way that Qatar did, making it harder to call foul play re the voting.

"Fifty degrees in summer, you say? Celsius or fahrenheit?"

"Fahrenheit! Definitely fahrenheit!"

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
If anyone is equipped to hold a WC at such short notice, its us.

However I fear its just clutching at straws.

USA has already offered if Brazil had failed they would be ready in 6 weeks, that is impressive.

Guy Crouchback

Jun 20, 2012
If they take the World Cup away from Russia, they should give it to:

a) a European country that never organised a World Cup before

b) has a great footballing tradition (at least 2 world cup medals and 3 olympic medals in football)

c) be located somewhere in the centre of Europe, so qualified teams have more or less the same distance to travel there (ideally it should border Scandinavia by sea, Germany, Russia and Czech Republic).

Now, is there a country that meets all these requirements?

World Cup 2022 should be given to Australia (Europe, South/North America, Africa and Asia already had their tournaments).

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
England should host a rival world cup in 2022.

Either:-

Everybody will turn up and the most corrupt governing body EVER (which takes some doing when in competition with the Olympics) will be ousted from power.

or

Nobody will turn up and England win the World Cup.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Interesting. If 2018/2022 WC's go back to a vote with the original bids considered only , one would imagine the least corrupt bids would come out on top however, I suspect the two runners up would get the gigs. Portuagal/Spain 2018 & USA 2022.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_and_2022_FIFA_World_Cup_bids

Haha least corrupt? A broke Spain and the birth place of capitalist corruption America? I'm voting for Sicily if that's the case

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here