Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stupid arguments in the house

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
Okay currently renting a house at Uni and finally one of the housemates have cracked by starting a stupid argument with me involving cutlery.

Yes he had a go at me for using cutlery that he apparently just washed up to use - though he has not consumed a decent meal this whole year.

So, what random/stupid argument have you had in your house/flat with your fellow housemates?

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I shared a flat with a bloke and a woman (not together) in Den Hague years ago. I only once ate in the flat, when she made a meal and I did the washing up, all other meals I ate out. She kicked me out a few weeks later citing that I never do the washing up!

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
A mate fell asleep drink after putting a pizza in the oven. A few hours later we awoke to a smoke filled house and a massive argument kicked off.

Two weeks later another housemate did the same thing. It managed to alleviate all of the tension that was still lingering from pizzagate mk1. It became a bit of a rubbing joke.

The only other argument came after ... A friend may have had relations with the sister of one of the other lads. Surprisngly me, I mean my friend, and him are still mates 8 years later

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
I shared with a smelly git. Once cleaned his room out and left two black sacks of stinking rubbish on the stairs. After about a week of walking round these I got pissed off and moved them into the hallway, pointedly telling him I had done so. He then asked me if I could put them out for the dustman. I cannot reveal my reply.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
BTW do stupid arguments with the wife count? We've had hundreds and I could keep this thread going single- handedly for weeks.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
My daughter shared a house at uni with a physco girl, who threatened her with a knive,for waking her (physco girl) at three in the afternoon

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
When i was young me and a friend didn't talk for two days after disagreeing about who played better in a football match. When i say young, i mean we were 21. :flounce::flounce:

I think we started talking again after agreeing we were both bloody brilliant at monday night five a side football (second to bottom division).

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
When i was young me and a friend didn't talk for two days after disagreeing about who played better in a football match. When i say young, i mean we were 21. :flounce::flounce:

I think we started talking again after agreeing we were both bloody brilliant at monday night five a side football (second to bottom division).

Haha genius. The sort of argument a woman would never understand!

Breesy1

Mar 14, 2013
London/Hove
She called me by her ex's name earlier tonight. Now I'm plotting how I can get maximum amount of lads time and beer out of this while she sleeps on the sofa

ElectricNaz

Jan 23, 2013
Hampshire
When I was at uni, housemates used to leave dirty pans, so I'd wash them, use them, and leave them dirty again.

One of the guys moaned at me but I held the high ground, that if I have to wash them first, I'm not doing them after. Eventually I just kept a pan, a plate, some cutlery (thanks wetherspoons) and a glass in my room and left the riff raff to deal with their own stuff. most of their pans got thrown out after a while. Can't understand how anyone who has moved out from home (or is even living with parents) doesn't know how to wash up

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
When I was at uni, housemates used to leave dirty pans, so I'd wash them, use them, and leave them dirty again.

One of the guys moaned at me but I held the high ground, that if I have to wash them first, I'm not doing them after. Eventually I just kept a pan, a plate, some cutlery (thanks wetherspoons) and a glass in my room and left the riff raff to deal with their own stuff. most of their pans got thrown out after a while. Can't understand how anyone who has moved out from home (or is even living with parents) doesn't know how to wash up

It's something I'm living in at the moment. Oh and no one in my house has paid me for their share of broadband...so I reset it and changed the passcode!

In the words of Frank Underwood: "Friends make the worst enemies"

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Me and the wife argued the other night about how long a bag of coal has been in our shed. No, really. I said a year, she said definitely two.

She stormed off inside. I stayed on the patio and read the paper. This, apparently, made me an "arrogant bar steward".

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
My wife leaves the toilet seat down, just so I have to lift it to have a wee wee! If I leave it up she creates because she has to put it down to have one. We really can't win :rolleyes:

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
My wife leaves the toilet seat down, just so I have to lift it to have a wee wee! If I leave it up she creates because she has to put it down to have one. We really can't win :rolleyes:

I have often pondered this argument. Women moan at men for leaving the seat up cause they have to put it down every time they need a wee. I think we need a man revolution where we moan every time women leave the seat down cause we have to lift it each time.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I have often pondered this argument. Women moan at men for leaving the seat up cause they have to put it down every time they need a wee. I think we need a man revolution where we moan every time women leave the seat down cause we have to lift it each time.

Microscopic particles of excrement are spread across the room if you don't put the seat down when you flush, to be fair :)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here