Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Punter BANNED from London Rd William Hills

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
To quote from the article:

A spokesman from William Hill said: “It’s nothing to do with showing profit. Mr Harrison and his friends are not the type of people we want in our shops.”

A snobby bookmaker....that's got to be a first.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Why does he even care that he's even barred from a chain of bookies? It's not like it's hard to put a bet on these days.

TaxiRichieUK

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
all betting shops monitor a customer as soon as they place a single bet of more than £200 stake, regardless whether the bet wins or not, all large bets by the same customer are then reviewed hence sometimes the customer only allowed to place say 10 or 20 quid when he wants to place 200, especially if hes had a few large wins.
Bookies do not have to accept your bets, especially if you prove to them you are succesful, its like going in and trying to stake 20 grand on an even money shot in a 3 horse race when the other 2 are at odds of bigger than 3s, they wont do it

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Books do the same online, I had a big bet come in about a year back, paid out £420 from £25 and they settled it and then limited my account to maximum £5 bets. It wouldn't surprise me if this were true although I highly doubt it as I imagine the bloke could get them in trouble for trying to ban him for unjust reasons.

Bookmakers are a snidey lot, tell us something we didn't know.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
, its like going in and trying to stake 20 grand on an even money shot in a 3 horse race when the other 2 are at odds of bigger than 3s, they wont do it

In glad to say that paragraph makes no sence to me ??? It sounds like you know too much on the subject :lol:

TaxiRichieUK

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
gone are the days when bookies wanted working class folk in all afternoon, smoking and drinking coffee and spending all their pay packets on every single horse and dog with 4 legs that moved, suddenly corals, hills, ladbrokes, betfred etc, want the higher calibre of punter who has more deisposable income to waste, going in feeding purple notes into the FOBTS, randomingly betting on pure luck with odds of 38/1

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
gone are the days when bookies wanted working class folk in all afternoon, smoking and drinking coffee and spending all their pay packets on every single horse and dog with 4 legs that moved, suddenly corals, hills, ladbrokes, betfred etc, want the higher calibre of punter who has more deisposable income to waste, going in feeding purple notes into the FOBTS, randomingly betting on pure luck with odds of 38/1

Good luck with that in London Road then.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Happens all the time, I've had four online accounts restricted/closed myself.

[yt]svVfnT7jKHY[/yt]

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
all betting shops monitor a customer as soon as they place a single bet of more than £200 stake, regardless whether the bet wins or not, all large bets by the same customer are then reviewed hence sometimes the customer only allowed to place say 10 or 20 quid when he wants to place 200, especially if hes had a few large wins.
Bookies do not have to accept your bets, especially if you prove to them you are succesful, its like going in and trying to stake 20 grand on an even money shot in a 3 horse race when the other 2 are at odds of bigger than 3s, they wont do it

They will if it's 6/4 for 50 grand on Betfair

TaxiRichieUK

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
They will if it's 6/4 for 50 grand on Betfair

yes but betfair are unique as in the fact they are online, they have no fixed overheads ie shops, plus a lot of their money and business is registered overseas for tax reasons, so they can afford a few large losses more often

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Books do the same online, I had a big bet come in about a year back, paid out £420 from £25 and they settled it and then limited my account to maximum £5 bets. It wouldn't surprise me if this were true although I highly doubt it as I imagine the bloke could get them in trouble for trying to ban him for unjust reasons.

Bookmakers are a snidey lot, tell us something we didn't know.

That's not a big bet (bigger than your normal by the sounds) just a good one & they may think you have 'info'...if you regularly placed bets of £50 or £100 they wouldn't bat an eye

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
yes but betfair are unique as in the fact they are online, they have no fixed overheads ie shops, plus a lot of their money and business is registered overseas for tax reasons, so they can afford a few large losses more often

Ludicrous, no fixed overheads...Betfair have hundreds working fir the in Hammersmith, Victor Chandler online only has hundreds working for him in Gib

Missed my point Ladbrokes will take bet IF they can lay off & guarantee a no lose situation

TaxiRichieUK

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
Ludicrous, no fixed overheads...Betfair have hundreds working fir the in Hammersmith, Victor Chandler online only has hundreds working for him in Gib

Missed my point Ladbrokes will take bet IF they can lay off & guarantee a no lose situation

mmmmm so when did you last see a betfair betting office then ????? Do you not think that shops cost money to rent, then theres licences from local councils, rates, electricity

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton

William Hill are registered in Gibraltar.
The shops are only there for the FOBTs which make them hundreds of millions of pounds each year.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I was sat near this guy 3 weeks ago at Hove Dogs and he called every single Dog race from start to finish and how it would play out perfectly. He also shouted out 4 horse racing tips that all won. I did a £ 5 treble on 3 that got back £ 54 and if I had done the 4 timer it would have been £ 300. He knows his stuff. He is right bookies are open now for the machines and the mug punters that is why they stay open in the winter until 10 pm when the racing finishes at 4 pm with the machines and computer racing. They do not like people betting on real events especially if they some have some knowledge. They are all about the FOBT's.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here