On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401728046.522264.jpg

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I wouldn't rule him out.........far from it. I think he would be a good figure head along with a younger man as well. Phil Neville perhaps!!!!!!! Could also fill a playing role( Neville that is, not Hoddle)

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
Taken from Gary Neville's book...

"Hoddle took over from Venables and it's been said before: if only he had possessed the man-management skills to go with his undoubted football intelligence. He was a very good coach who wanted England to play the right way.

"He also believed in alternative methods, including Eileen Drewery, the faith healer, who'd visited the camp a few times before the World Cup. As a bit of a sceptic, I'd never gone to see her. When the 1998 World Cup started, some of the players started taking injections from Glenn's favourite medic, a Frenchman called Dr Rougier. It was different from anything we'd done at United, but all above board, I'm sure.

"After some of the lads said they'd felt a real burst of energy, I decided to seize any help on offer. So many of the players decided to go for it before that Argentina match that there was a queue to see the doctor. Before the game, Glenn did his usual pre-match routine of moving around the players, shaking their hands and touching them just over the heart. We'll never know if the methods had any positive effect.

"One of the masseurs told me Glenn had asked the staff to walk around the pitch anti-clockwise during the game against Argentina to create positive energy. Sadly, it didn't do us much good."

I suppose it has got a bit of a Brighton alternative vibe about it. Maybe we will open a club shop in Kensington Gardens if he comes here?

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
"One of the masseurs told me Glenn had asked the staff to walk around the pitch anti-clockwise during the game against Argentina to create positive energy.

Oh dear. That almost puts David Icke among the contenders. Oh no... we can't be that desperate...can we?

TaxiRichieUK

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
I wouldn't rule him out.........far from it. I think he would be a good figure head along with a younger man as well. Phil Neville perhaps!!!!!!! Could also fill a playing role( Neville that is, not Hoddle)

wouldnt be a bad appointment to be fair, perhaps also it might be an idea Hoddle to resume his playing career, even at his age im sure he has more skill and technical ability than phil neville

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
as long as he doesn't make comments about the disabled like he did when he was england manager, then he'd be quite a good manager for us.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Taken from Gary Neville's book...

"Hoddle took over from Venables and it's been said before: if only he had possessed the man-management skills to go with his undoubted football intelligence. He was a very good coach who wanted England to play the right way.

"He also believed in alternative methods, including Eileen Drewery, the faith healer, who'd visited the camp a few times before the World Cup. As a bit of a sceptic, I'd never gone to see her. When the 1998 World Cup started, some of the players started taking injections from Glenn's favourite medic, a Frenchman called Dr Rougier. It was different from anything we'd done at United, but all above board, I'm sure.

"After some of the lads said they'd felt a real burst of energy, I decided to seize any help on offer. So many of the players decided to go for it before that Argentina match that there was a queue to see the doctor. Before the game, Glenn did his usual pre-match routine of moving around the players, shaking their hands and touching them just over the heart. We'll never know if the methods had any positive effect.

"One of the masseurs told me Glenn had asked the staff to walk around the pitch anti-clockwise during the game against Argentina to create positive energy. Sadly, it didn't do us much good."

I suppose it has got a bit of a Brighton alternative vibe about it. Maybe we will open a club shop in Kensington Gardens if he comes here?

Doesn't change the fact that was the last time England were a decent side.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here