Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would you have Zamora back on pay as you play deal ?

TaxiRichieUK

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
Hi,

with Zamora getting into the twilight of his career and suffering fitness issues and the ability to play a full 90 minutes, if he was available on a pay as you play deal, would you have him back ????

TaxiRichieUK

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
i cant see any club foolish enough to give him anywhere near the salary hes on at the moment based on his age and his fitness record in the last 2 seasons

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
How much?

TaxiRichieUK

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
my personal opinion is yes id have him back but only on a pay as you play deal, but if it involved a gauaranteed hefty weekly salary then NO

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Yes, but he will get better offers than that.
As for being a retirement home for old footballers, if that includes Vicente, Upson and Bridge I reckon having one or two end of career players is no bad thing, so long as you have some youth coming through too.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
No.

We are not a retirement home for old footballers!

Exactly, the last two 30+ ex England internationals have been a disaster . . . Oh wait, they were Bridge & Upson! I was wrong. O.K If he'll perform like Bridge at Reading it's a no, anything like Upson last year and it's a yes. Sorted.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I'd take him back on a two year deal. He has been fit since Xmas, people go on about Bobby as if he is some sort of permanent sicknote. He is not a patch on Orlandi or Vicente or maybe even Buckley come to that.....If we sell Ulloa(which of course we will) and got Zamora, we would be stronger in that department of the field.

TaxiRichieUK

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
I'd take him back on a two year deal. He has been fit since Xmas, people go on about Bobby as if he is some sort of permanent sicknote. He is not a patch on Orlandi or Vicente or maybe even Buckley come to that.....If we sell Ulloa(which of course we will) and got Zamora, we would be stronger in that department of the field.

yes but if we sold ulloa for 6.5 million, would you spend 2 or 3 million on a decent striker to play up front with Zamora, or rotate between CMS, Zamora, plus another decent striker ????

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
yes but if we sold ulloa for 6.5 million, would you spend 2 or 3 million on a decent striker to play up front with Zamora, or rotate between CMS, Zamora, plus another decent striker ????

I personally think if Ulloa goes we need to sign 3 strikers. To go along with the keeper, left back, centre half(maybe 2), left midfield and centre midfield and maybe even a right mid as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here