Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] ***Sussex v Nottinghamshire, LVCC Div 1, Hove. 1-4 June 2014***

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I had a great day yesterday, putting Notts in to bat seems a little suspect now, but I wonder how many bowlers could have contained Patel, who looked very untroubled by the buffet bowling and filled his boots.

Looks like the batting resistant is flaying a little.

Nottinghamshire 452
Sussex 100/3 (30.2 ov)

Sussex trail by 355 runs with 7 wickets remaining in the 1st innings

Attachments

• Sussex 11.jpg
    Sussex 11.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 415

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Why on earth did Joyce put Notts in to bat first (as he did v Somerset too) when he won the toss??? Patel us one of those players who always seems to play well against Sussex.

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Looking well short of the follow on with a new ball due in a few overs time

Nottinghamshire 452

Sussex 232/8 (77.2 ov)

Sussex trail by 220 runs with 2 wickets remaining in the 1st innings

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Seems bonkers, however if we had taken our catches, i counted six put down, they should have been 5 down by lunch however instead before and after tea in the sunshine they ran the bowlers and fielders ragged.

I'm not sure many bowlers could have tied Patel up, he was really on his game.

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
A second batting point, Lewis to the rescue.

I can't believe we are as low as 33/1 to still win the game, I was expecting 500/1...

255 for 8

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The inexorable slide to the bottom of the table is gaining speed.

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Stumps

Sussex 270/8 (85.0 ov)

Sussex trail by 182 runs with 2 wickets remaining in the 1st innings, 33 runs to avoid the follow on and possibly the game

We gave away 44 extras with Prior letting the ball hit the spare helmet yesterday for 5 penalty runs, could end up the difference between a loss and a draw

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Was there this afternoon; Joyce seemed to be playing a different game from everyone else, looked thoroughly in control and untroubled by anyone. The other batsmen looked decidedly ill at ease - although Anyon played a couple of meaty pull shots.

What could save us is that there's some dodgy weather expected on Weds but we really need to get our heads down. RHB has had a shocking season, Wells hasn't been much better and Nasher needs to get a score too

Buckley's Mad Eye

Oct 27, 2012
Was there this afternoon; Joyce seemed to be playing a different game from everyone else, looked thoroughly in control and untroubled by anyone. The other batsmen looked decidedly ill at ease - although Anyon played a couple of meaty pull shots.

What could save us is that there's some dodgy weather expected on Weds but we really need to get our heads down. RHB has had a shocking season, Wells hasn't been much better and Nasher needs to get a score too
He's a waste of a batting position at the moment, he's not bowling and not catching many either.

Robinson has got a bit of a problem with him in so much as dropping him could be even more counterproductive. The lad has got talent, he needs to start repaying the faith shown in him.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here