Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stuart Pearce and Forset

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Still seems like a very odd one to me.

As soon as they put Pearce in charge it seems like they gave up on the Playoffs. It would suprise me if Pearce is still in charge at the end of next season and if he is it would suprise me even more if they finished in the top 8.

also if they had waited until the end of the season to put someone in charge, surely they would have better candidates around now than Pearce?

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Yeah, feel the same way about Pearce as you. Glad he didn't end up here!

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I found it odd that they appointed him but with him taking over at the end of the season. Why not just take over immediately? There were only just outside the playoffs at the time - a new manager coming in could have spurred them on and then who knows what might have happened?

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
Pearce is a forest legend, and played there for more than 10 years, I think their chairman was trying to get closer with the fans by appointing a former player. That or you are right and he was the only candidate who wanted the job...

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I found it odd that they appointed him but with him taking over at the end of the season. Why not just take over immediately? There were only just outside the playoffs at the time - a new manager coming in could have spurred them on and then who knows what might have happened?

Maybe Pearce's appointment was on the proviso that they were still in the Championship next season and Psycho "had a word" with his new squad to make sure that happened :moo:

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011

Pearce wanted it to be at the start of the season. He wanted to have a whole season to build his own team rather than be a gimmick like Shearer was at Newcastle.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
You will be eating your words when Tony Bloom announces Billy Davies as the new manager !!!!!

I have far more faith in Tony Blooms judgement than that, and if, by some breakdown in his mental facilities he does, he can have my season ticket back

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here