Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wha is your Favourite Kebab and where from?

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Generally I dont think you can go wrong with Chicken Shish Kebab, generally a pretty health meal if you dont add tons of cheap Mayo!

However I am a big fan of a Chicken Shawarma on the way home from a night out, the only place to get a decent one in town is the Casba too :clap2:

I really dont get the appeal of a Donnah just greasy peppery meat not a fan.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Used to get a shawarma at a stall in Riyadh, that has never been equalled....nearest to it in Brighton, is the Lebanese place opposite the Temple Bar.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
LOVE a good chicken shish. Plenty of salad and a small amount of mayo in a pitta is pure heaven.

There is a place in Coventry called Sultan Kebab which used to get visited several times a week when I was a student. Love it

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Mixed lamb sis and sheftalia from Niazis takeaway in Kyrenia, been going there for a number of years, there is none better.

SouthCoastOwl

May 23, 2013
Vaux Sur Seine
Ephesus in Haywards Heath.

I'm not one to hold grudges but a chicken shish from there consumed during a works Christmas pub crawl in the late 1990s quite literally turned me inside out, at one point the day after I'd eaten the godforsaken thing I was simultaneously expelling liquid from every single orifice (trust me it can be done). Took me a fortnight to recover and wrecked my Christmas to boot. I know that time should help heal the mental scars of that Christmas but I'm afraid they run a bit too deep for that!:sick:

On the up side the Lamb shawarma from the original Fountain House on Queens Road (before it became Albion Kebabs) was a thing of great beauty.:)

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Mixed kebab in naan bread from Docklands Fried Chicken in Tower Hamlets. So good I have it for lunch, sober on Fridays. Spicy donner lamb and chicken in a giant Naan with chilli sauce and a sprinkling of shredded lettuce. Lemon on the side and they let you put your own garlic mayo on.

:drool:

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Souvlaki Giro. I lived on them when island hopping in Greece.
Small round pitta, grilled cubes of meat, tatsiki, bit of salad, salt and pepper.
Absolutely delicious. Not only the best kebab but the best take away.
Never seen them in this country even in greek hotspots like Green Lane in London.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I really like my own homemade ones. Having said that, Kebab Knight on Lewes Road offers them in wraps instead of pitta which is pretty good.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Chicken shish is my kebab of choice too, and my favourite venue for said delicacy is Mac Doner at the bottom of St James' Street. Very decent quality, and they wrap it in a naan which makes it very easy to eat on the way home from the pub. Pile in the chilli sauce and grab yourself a drinking yoghurt to help with the burn.

Marvellous

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here