Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best side we have seen at the Amex so far.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
I think Watford when they beat us 3-1 were better than any other team we have seen. They were even better than Liverpool and Arsenal. Saying that the last ten minutes when Arsenal put on their stars looked pretty tasty.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Arsenal, once Wiltshire and Walcott came on.

blueandwhitestripes

Mar 18, 2008
Sussex
I know it was pre-season but I thought Villarreal gave us a footballing lesson

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Go and wash your keyboard carteater.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Villareal, definitely.

They murdered us, without breaking sweat.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
palace in the play offs :( ... don't ban me...

No need to ban you. They were nowhere near the best side we've seen at the Amex in that game.

Unfortunately, because of the way it ended, it's easy to forget that we were the better side in the first half, and then their keeper made one excellent save and we hit the bar in the second. Palace had one game-changing player that night, he did his job, and they were able to defend for the rest of the game while our players contemplated the end of their season.

I'm not just saying this because it's Palace, but they were nowhere near the standards of several other teams that have played at the Amex. I'm sure even they would admit they weren't setting the world alight in the play offs. They just worked hard, got things right tactically, and had the luck when it mattered.

The result is all that matters, of course, but to suggest they were somehow a brilliant side that night is- in some deeply insignificant way- rewriting history.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
The speed with which Villarreal moved the ball around was breathtaking - made me realise just how far from complete we were

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
The speed with which Villarreal moved the ball around was breathtaking - made me realise just how far from complete we were

Don't think we can really compare with Villareal, they are a very good La Liga side. Finished 6th this season and have a solid recent history of European football.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Don't think we can really compare with Villareal, they are a very good La Liga side. Finished 6th this season and have a solid recent history of European football.

They'd also just been promoted having dropped to the Segunda division for a year. I'm not saying we can really compare but it was a lesson in how the possession style of football should be played

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here