Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is this the longest period of time that the Albion have been 'between' managers?

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Can anyone confirm?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Surely not. We spent most of the summer of whatever season it was before we appointed Hinshelwood with about a week to go before the start of the season.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Is it longer than last season already then?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
The Hinshelwood debacle when we were supposedly waiting on a World Cup manager was more drawn out.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Last season seamed like a lot longer... I'd be supriesed if it has been as long as then.

If not surely 2002 with Hinsh is the longest.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Last season seamed like a lot longer... I'd be supriesed if it has been as long as then.

If not surely 2002 with Hinsh is the longest.

Last season it depends on if you count the period of looking for a manager as from when Poyet was suspended or when he was sacked. Poyet was suspended on May 16th and sacked on June 23rd. Garcia was then appointed on June 26th just 3 days later.

I suppose you have to say we were without a manager from May 16th to June 26th, so nearly 6 weeks. Currently it stands at just over 3 weeks.

Taylor left on 28th April (our last league game was on April 20th) and Hinshelwood was appointed manager on 15th July so about 11 weeks.

Last edited:

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Great point!

I was purely going from when he was suspended.

It doesnt seem as bad for me this season, we know where we stand and we roughly know what is going on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here