Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"The argus understands....."

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
In days of old, we would have had this phrase trotted out by our local rag by now. This would have given us some clear indication of who the new manager is going to be.

But now, nothing.

What are they doing at that rag? Surely one of them should be following Tony Bloom's every move, stalking him like a weirdo stalks an actress, seeing who he meets, tapping his phone. What the hell are they playing at.

Raise your game Naylor, Owen and Talbot.

Last edited:

lovelyboy

Nov 17, 2005
In days of old, we would have had this phrase trotted out by our local rag by now. This would have given us some clear indication of who the new manager is going to be.

But now, nothing.

What are they doing at that rag? Surely one of them should be following Tony Bloom's every move, stalking him like a weirdo stalks an actress, seeing who he meets, tapping his phone. What the hell are they playing at.

Raise your game Naylor and Talbot.

It's a shocking paper, they only ever get their information from the club's press conferences. Naylor is an incredibly lazy journo, should have been moved on years ago

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
It's a shocking paper, they only ever get their information from the club's press conferences. Naylor is an incredibly lazy journo, should have been moved on years ago

...and has been on holiday for the last 2 weeks.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
His last big article about Oscar Garcia prompted an official statement from the club defending their own actions and putting right some of Naylor's inaccurate reporting. I'm not sure he's flavour of the month with the Albion board.

Naylor will get his scoops from her as he usually does anyway.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
They're all too busy attempting to edit HB&B's NSC exposé in to something vaguely resembling English.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
The Argus 'expected' Bruno and Calderon to be signing their new deals.

Still no confirmation.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
His last big article about Oscar Garcia prompted an official statement from the club defending their own actions and putting right some of Naylor's inaccurate reporting. I'm not sure he's flavour of the month with the Albion board.

Naylor will get his scoops from her as he usually does anyway.

That's if you unquestioningly believe the club, yes.

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
The Argus's only source of info these days is the Sussex Police website. If they don't know about it, the Argus certainly won't.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The Argus's only source of info these days is the Sussex Police website. If they don't know about it, the Argus certainly won't.

And the various police (and other) Twitter accounts, take it from me.

The one I use has ended up providing them with much filler material in recent months, to the point where I'm starting to wonder how local newspapers ever functioned without Twitter to do the spade work for them.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Bruno has been away in Almeria based on his social media posts. Assuming it was just for half term and is back now.

You're not going by the dodgy Bruno account are you? He probably is back home, but there is a "hilarious" fake Bruno account out there. I don't think his real account ever really gets used.

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
And the various police (and other) Twitter accounts, take it from me.

The one I use has ended up providing them with much filler material in recent months, to the point where I'm starting to wonder how local newspapers ever functioned without Twitter to do the spade work for them.

Actually had to send out 'journalists' from the Hollingbury camp in those days. Now isn't it someone sitting at a desk in Southampton cutting and pasting from other local news sites/feeds.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Actually had to send out 'journalists' from the Hollingbury camp in those days. Now isn't it someone sitting at a desk in Southampton cutting and pasting from other local news sites/feeds.

Could be.

I've occasionally been amazed at how mundane a story the Argus will pick up on. Going back a few months there was a brief line tweeted about a bloke being spotted walking along the hard shoulder of the M23. He was picked up and moved on. That was it. A few calls from the Argus later & this had been turned into a front page article on their website, involving his dicing with almost certain death, "horrified motorists" dialling 999 and a gravely detailed piece of safety advice in relation to the legalities of walking on a motorway :lol:

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
You're not going by the dodgy Bruno account are you? He probably is back home, but there is a "hilarious" fake Bruno account out there. I don't think his real account ever really gets used.

Our sons are at the same school. 99.9% sure I have the correct account (and only follow him on Instagram rather than Twitter/FB). School restarted this morning so am assuming he came back sometime over the weekend.

Have you a link to the fake one? Will follow that too!

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Bo-4pqPIYAAJ4c1.jpg

I like parochial newspapers. The Argus is no different to others, just that it covers our team. The Mid Sussex Times however tackles the big issues.

TNBA

TTF

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here