Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Super annoying

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm find it super annoying that the word 'super' seems to have slipped into English English as a synonym for 'very' of late.

No - you're not super happy, you're very happy, you utter plum.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
'Amazing' is my current pet hate. Everything seems to be amazing ... several times over

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I agree, it is something I first noticed when Michael Schumacher grew to prominence. I thought it was just a German thing, but it does seem to have crossed over into common use now.

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
is this a cryptic thread about the new kit or manager?
so the manager's first or second name begins with S and he's english...
and the new kit is super...

Last edited:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
C.J. made David redundant just prior to his wedding to Pru. David says that being made redundant took away all his self-confidence. David says "Super!" as he gives Reggie the latest results for Perrin Products. He wonders if Tony keeps saying "Great!" all the time. When Reggie says that he reckons he does, David responds with a "Super!". As the champagne arrives, we get two more "Super's" from David. When Reggie visits Sunshine Desserts and sees Tony in C.J.'s office, Tony says "Great!" when he sees Reggie and again when Reggie asks how things are. Indeed, he remarks that "This is success city!". Tony asks if David is still saying "Super!" all the time. When Reggie confirms that he does, Tony responds with "Great!".

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I agree, it is something I first noticed when Michael Schumacher grew to prominence. I thought it was just a German thing, but it does seem to have crossed over into common use now.

It's something I first noticed Martin Brundle doing on commentry, people were super fast through the first section or did a super quick pit stop.
I've got no problem with it to be fair, but then again I'm one of those people who say awesome and can I get a frappuccino so I'm probably in the minority on here.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
big-gay-al-im-super-thanks-for-asking.gif

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here