Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Chromecast

BigGaz318

Jul 9, 2012
Anyone here got a Google Chromecast plugged into their tv?? I am thinking of investing in one and want to know how people have found it.

I especially want it to wifi from my phone to the tv to use my cartoon hd app. Any help you can give would be greatfully appreciated.:)

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
I got one and is great with Netflix, really easy to set up.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Anyone heard of a jailbroken xbmc iptv? My mate has one and says it's amazing! Yet I don't think he quite knows how to use it. I haven't seen it yet but he says he gets apps and uses his tv like a phone. Yet I'm sure he should be able to pick up tv on it. Like the froch groves last night, but he says no. Anyone else know about these things?

Biancazzurro

Aug 9, 2011
Hassocks
I use mine every day for YouTube, plex and BBC iPlayer. Sometimes listen to podcasts and Google music through it too. And now bt sport has Chromecast support I'll be able to enjoy lots of football on my TV next season. Hopefully ITV and channel 4 will add support at some point. Streaming from a chrome window with a wiziwig stream works nicely.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
My TV plugs into the internet, why do people pay the man?

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
I have a iPhone and chrome cast, works well
With bbc Iplayer, you tube, Netflix, but not Sky Go, cartoon hd, or Livemedia however Samsung can steam cartoon hd via an app called Avia. Hope this helps

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Apologies for bouncing an old thread, quick question for you people who have one of these nifty little bits of kit. Do they only transmit what is in the chrome browser or can you display other apps? We've just moved in to a big shiny new office and have had a ruddy great telly installed into the board room and currently we share peoples screens by wiring it via display port/vga/dvi etc. That throws up two issues, firstly it's a pain as the person with the laptop has to sit close enough for the cable to reach and secondly as we have a combination of Mac and PCs it's a pain having numerous cables. Someone suggested getting one of these and doing it all wirelessly but if it can only share the chrome browser then that isn't going to be allot of help for apps like excel and powerpoint.

I know the later Macs support share my screen via an Apple TV but again that still leaves us with the problem of having to support the PCs in the office as well.

Thanks in advance

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here