Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Xbox or Sony PS4 - which is best?

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
We may be buying one for a 12 year old's birthday, but we have no experience of either or gaming really.
Whichever one we choose, we want it be for the long-term. Please can experienced NSC gamers advise.

Then, any recommendations on games, please? Some of his 11 and 12 year old mates already have Grand Theft Auto 5! But we are aware that it is classified age 18, and that a stack of bodies have slammed its violence.

Thanks in advance.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patreon
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Mainly depends on what console his mates have got tbh, there's not a massive difference between ps4 and Xbox one tbh.

ChicagoGull

May 17, 2014
Mainly depends on what console his mates have got tbh, there's not a massive difference between ps4 and Xbox one tbh.

This, and what one he wants himself. If he isn't bothered get PS4, because it's still cheaper I THINK. Could be wrong, but you'll find out in this thread anyway.... BINFEST COMMENCE! :lolol:

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea
PS4 Is the more powerful console, if you get an xbox one wait a few weeks as they are releasing one without the kinect sensor which will be cheaper

Just so you know, Gta V is not on ps4 or xbox one

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patreon
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
This, and what one he wants himself. If he isn't bothered get PS4, because it's still cheaper I THINK. Could be wrong, but you'll find out in this thread anyway.... BINFEST COMMENCE! :lolol:

Prices coming down a bit since Christmas and some decent deals about, have a look for bundles on amazon - I know there's a ps4 with headset, extra controller and 2 games for £420 at the moment.

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting

Completely agree - its a 'social' aspect as much as the gaming experience these days.

TBH I have an Xbox One - so have my mates, no doubt if a few changed to PS4 - it would see the rest doing also, or getting both.

falz3tta

Mar 29, 2014
Yep worth asking his friends' parents which one they have too as he will probably want to play online with them.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
The E3 games show in Los Angeles is from June 10-12. This is the time price cuts are announced as both sides try to win the console war and also when new games are announced, so if you can wait until after then it would be a good idea. (I am.) Also Sony will be showing 'Project Morpheus' which is a virtual reality add-on for PS4 ,which is apparently about a year away and may be worth thinking about as a future Christmas or Birthday present if you're looking at the long term.

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
Grand theft auto is a great game but not really for kids!

I have not played the most recent yet, but if the previous games (8 or 9?) are anything to go by, then it's not just the violence you should be wary of, it involves drugs, prostitution, organised crime, gang war, cold blooded murder you name it, it has it, give or take!!
Probably best to do a bit of research, and avoid it, if you don't let your 12 year old watch 18 rated films then this would be a big no-no because of the games realistic, gratuitously moronic contents. But that decision is yours.

Personally I have always preferred the Playstation but if all of his friends have a certain console, then that is best choice because they can play on-line together.

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
Everyone who has a PS4 will pay PS4. Everyone who has an Xbox One will say Xbox One.

They both do near the same thing, you can't make a wrong decision.

The boy has nothing to complain about, you've bought him an expensive piece of kit, if he does just take it away.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
I prefer the xbox controllers but that's personal preference.
What console do his friends have as a lot of the enjoyment comes from playing online with my mates.
Unfortunately GTA5 is last generation.
Current fav games are: Watchdogs, Titanfall, FIFA and PvZ Garden warfare.
Hope this helps.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Whatever his personal preference is, as well as what his friends have got so they can play online together.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here