Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Arsenal 'poised' to sign Walton.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
This is why I'm a bit disappointed we've offered Ankergren a new contract. I'd like to see Walton given first team experience next season otherwise it's a no-brainer between being in our development team or Arsenal's. I presume we'd get compensation like with Grant Hall if he did leave though.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
This is why I'm a bit disappointed we've offered Ankergren a new contract. I'd like to see Walton given first team experience next season otherwise it's a no-brainer between being in our development team or Arsenal's. I presume we'd get compensation like with Grant Hall if he did leave though.

Hall was out of contract, thus compensation. Walton is under contract for two more years, so Arsenal would have to make us a substantial offer.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
For goodness sake, we need to tell them where to go on this one.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
For goodness sake, we need to tell them where to go on this one.

But if the offer's a good one for an untested and inexperienced keeper why shouldn't we take it? Especially if there's another no.1 in the pipeline (CA doesn't count) that no-one's aware of, which is feasible.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Hall was out of contract, thus compensation. Walton is under contract for two more years, so Arsenal would have to make us a substantial offer.

He can not be poached by them either as he become a fully fledged pro last summer. Therefore he would be treated as such in the transfer market.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
But if the offer's a good one for an untested and inexperienced keeper why shouldn't we take it? Especially if there's another no.1 in the pipeline (CA doesn't count) that no-one's aware of, which is feasible.

He is a really good player.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Can't see why he wasn't no 2 last year and why not give him a run as no 1 now.... Lack of progression when you have those two clowns in front of you can't give you much hope
Maybe Arsensl will loan him back for a few seasons like the Chelsea geezer at Atletico M

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Not sure I like the word 'groom' for a young lad!

He's surely got to command a No.2 spot for us this coming season. It's better he continues his education here unless Arsenal make us a substantial offer. Even then maybe we could arrange a 'loan back'

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Idiotic article but if we let him go we are stupid, great keeper even at his tender age.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
I will be bitterly disappointed if we let Walton go, been impressed with him whenever I have seen him play.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Every talented youngster is always going to want to move onwards and upwards. All the Albion, or any club, can do, is demand top dollar for the player and whack on sell-on clauses that are as prohibitive as possible. A crying shame for those clubs that are trying to nurture young talent, but sadly them's the rules.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
I would like to see Walton become our third choice keeper this season. We can't be seen holding players back if the price is right as it might put the youngsters of coming here. If he wants to stay here as he feels he has a better chance of making first team football then we should reject it.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Arsenal strikes me as a bit of a graveyard for the career of a young keeper. Couldn't blame him if he jumped at it though.

Would we need to pay Plymouth anything?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here