Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

sort it you b's

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
the 3 b's need to get this sorted now not a month before season starts so come no bloom barber and burke appoint the manager and give him the time to make signings the longer the wait the more players will become out of reach

Two months till the season starts

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
the 3 b's need to get this sorted now not a month before season starts so come no bloom barber and burke appoint the manager and give him the time to make signings the longer the wait the more players will become out of reach

You should probably mention this to them. You know, just in case they've gone off on holiday and forgotten to look into it.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Email that to Barber, he's probably not aware and would really appreciate your input!

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012

Agreed , they have had long enough to sort it out , there will be no business done when the world cup starts

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Agreed , they have had long enough to sort it out , there will be no business done when the world cup starts

What about interviewing managers whom are currently employed? Perhaps it was agreed that no talks would be held until after the season finished?

What if various managerial happenings have affected the process?

Why would the World Cup prohibit business?

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
I know we all want this to be resolved quickly but 3 weeks ago Oscar was still at the Club and allegedly his departure was not foreseen. So it would be some going to circulate the vacancy, give candidates a chance to apply, especially as some were still involved in the domestic season (play offs) and Champions league (ahem) plus some may have gone on their hols, so unclear which candidates might/might not come available to suit our timetable. Then the Club has to review the applicants and agree a short list, then carry out interviews when all are available.

I also presume that Tony Bloom does not want to be in this situation (again) in 12 months time so would want to get the selection process right. Then there are detailed terms to be agreed with whoever the successful candidate might be. No doubt there are agents and lawyers involved too, maybe existing contracts to be resolved, especially given the calibre of applicants being touted on here. We are talking about a manager who is expected to deliver Premier League football. In return the applicants will also want some assurances given that our last two young managers both left rather abruptly because they weren't happy with the constraints placed on them. So all manner of questions to be sorted before an appointment is finalised and the Club can go public.

Having said that I feel we can look forward to an avalanche of announcements from the Club - new manager, new coaching team, new playing kit, opening of the training complex, next season's fixture lists, pre-season tours and not least a few player signings.............so it's not time to panic just yet, there is plenty to look forward to.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Won't get sorted to the January window so calm down you moronic cock

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
I know we all want this to be resolved quickly but 3 weeks ago Oscar was still at the Club and allegedly his departure was not foreseen. So it would be some going to circulate the vacancy, give candidates a chance to apply, especially as some were still involved in the domestic season (play offs) and Champions league (ahem) plus some may have gone on their hols, so unclear which candidates might/might not come available to suit our timetable. Then the Club has to review the applicants and agree a short list, then carry out interviews when all are available.

I also presume that Tony Bloom does not want to be in this situation (again) in 12 months time so would want to get the selection process right. Then there are detailed terms to be agreed with whoever the successful candidate might be. No doubt there are agents and lawyers involved too, maybe existing contracts to be resolved, especially given the calibre of applicants being touted on here. We are talking about a manager who is expected to deliver Premier League football. In return the applicants will also want some assurances given that our last two young managers both left rather abruptly because they weren't happy with the constraints placed on them. So all manner of questions to be sorted before an appointment is finalised and the Club can go public.

Having said that I feel we can look forward to an avalanche of announcements from the Club - new manager, new coaching team, new playing kit, opening of the training complex, next season's fixture lists, pre-season tours and not least a few player signings.............so it's not time to panic just yet, there is plenty to look forward to.

Very sensible words.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I think we belittle these outbursts wrongly. The almost all of us hate these inbetween guessing game periods and are desperately hungry for news. Ok, pointing fingers is unhelpful and without merit, but the desire for a new leader and therefore the quotes and phrases of encouragement for a season as yet unformed and without clear identity or character is firmly there, certainly in the Meade's body and brain.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
I know its a bit of a long shot but has anyone tried contacting Steve Clarke, Paul Clement , Tim Sherwood, Chris Hughton or even Malky see if they are interested?

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Very sensible words.

Anybody that thinks Oscar resigning was a bolt out of the blue is deluding themselves.

Rumours about him leaving at the end of the season were circulating in January,maybe that is why we didn't replace bridcutt,Barnes & el abd because the powers that be knew that come the summer a new man would be in charge.

As for the fact that a new man has not been recruited yet I accept the fact that this is the off season & any manager that is currently employed with another club is probably either on holiday or scouting for players.

That being said I honestly believe that we have probably been knocked back by our number 1 & 2 targets for the job otherwise they would have already been employed by now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here