Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A day out in Worthing

O.K. NSC'ers, thinking of going to Worthing for a day out with the family tomorrow. Sensible (and not so sensible) suggestions invited as to what there is for the Potting family (55, 49, 10 and 12) to see and do (and possibly eat).

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
the 49 and 55 year old among you can go to sleep watching the green bowls on a bench (near the old aquarina), while the 10 and 12 go shoplifting in the nearby guildborne centre.

(the above is assuming you want to blend in with the locals).

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Brookland's Park in nearby Lancing has mini golf, go-karting, pleasure boast and is very family orientated, and there are activities on the beach near to Splashpoint right beside the seafront. Could just go for a walk along the promenade, taking in the pier and fairground rides that are taking place through half-term. I think there's a 10k race on as well during the morning, so road closures might be in place and the town might be busy as you'd expect.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
the 49 and 55 year old among you can go to sleep watching the green bowls on a bench (near the old aquarina), while the 10 and 12 go shoplifting in the nearby guildborne centre.

To be honest, there aren't many shops left in the Guildbourne centre, much better shoplifting in Montague street

Pickles

May 5, 2014

Let's pose the same question then, Mr f.uckin know all.

Where would you advise the said family to go in Brighton?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
To be honest, there aren't many shops left in the Guildbourne centre, much better shoplifting in Montague street

I was shocked the last time I went in the Guildbourne. It's like a morgue.

Let's pose the same question then, Mr f.uckin know all.

Where would you advise the said family to go in Brighton?

I assume you're a (proud) Worthing resident. He's right though. As someone who when they were young used to play Bowls in Worthing, it was a tough choice as to what to do.

Pickles

May 5, 2014
I was shocked the last time I went in the Guildbourne. It's like a morgue.

I assume you're a (proud) Worthing resident. He's right though. As someone who when they were young used to play Bowls in Worthing, it was a tough choice as to what to do.

Sort of.

I was born in Brighton and moved West about 24 years ago.

I've made some truly fantastic friends in Worthing and I see myself as half Brighton and half Worthing.

Don't diss Worthing just for a gag!

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Ahhh...the guildbourne centre. My stepmom used to work in the Tiroler dressed up as a bierfrau. My nan used to send me round to the off licence downstairs to pick up a bottle of Gordon's..I was about 10 at the time...she used to ring ahead and tell the manager I was coming and he'd hand it over in a brown bag.

I went there a little while ago. It's just full of pound shops and tat now. Very sad.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Ahhh...the guildbourne centre. My stepmom used to work in the Tiroler dressed up as a bierfrau. My nan used to send me round to the off licence downstairs to pick up a bottle of Gordon's..I was about 10 at the time...she used to ring ahead and tell the manager I was coming and he'd hand it over in a brown bag.

I went there a little while ago. It's just full of pound shops and tat now. Very sad.

When it first opened it had a smallish fountain in the middle, a bottle of Fairy Liquid used to go a long way

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
A day out in Worthing is an oxymoron Norman. Go to the Martello Museum in Seaford instead, then on to Jimmy Hendrix's widow's gaff on Belgrave Road, pop into the dentists on Stafford Road where ex-punk and Sex Pistols goddess Jordan works (actually it might be the vets on Stafford Road!) and round your celeb spotting day out off with a trip up Firle Rd to see the house where the actor who played Blake Carrington's father in Dynasty used to live. I think Jimmy Tarbuck also has a flat in the new development opposite the train station. Who needs Beverley Hills?

:wink:

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
When it first opened it had a smallish fountain in the middle, a bottle of Fairy Liquid used to go a long way

I remember the fountain...the smooth granite floor was excellent for roller booting through too...we used to get up to terrific speed before leaping down the stairs at the back.

What the **** was I thinking!

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Things to do in Worthing:

-Bowling (though chav infested)
-Shopping on the high-street (though I wouldn't travel to Worthing to do this)
-Pavilion, great to see a failed 80's star
-Dome cinema, actually reasonably priced (but limited showings)
-And, umm, there's the 'lido' XD

Why are you coming to Worthing again?

Last edited:

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
A day out in Worthing is an oxymoron Norman. Go to the Martello Museum in Seaford instead, then on to Jimmy Hendrix's widow's gaff on Belgrave Road, pop into the dentists on Stafford Road where ex-punk and Sex Pistols goddess Jordan works (actually it might be the vets on Stafford Road!) and round your celeb spotting day out off with a trip up Firle Rd to see the house where the actor who played Blake Carrington's father in Dynasty used to live. I think Jimmy Tarbuck also has a flat in the new development opposite the train station. Who needs Beverley Hills?

:wink:

Not forgetting the lead singer of one hit wonders from the 80's, The Mobiles. Anna? She's apparently a resident of Seaford. Believe she works in a Doctors surgery there.

Hey Rock n Roll......

Things to do in Worthing:

-Bowling (though chav infested)
-Shopping on the high-street (though I wouldn't travel to Worthing to do this)
-Pavilion, great to see a failed 80's start
-Dome cinema, actually reasonably priced (but limited showings)
-And, umm, there's the 'lido' XD

Why are you coming to Worthing again?

Add a nice brisk walk up to Cissbury Ring. The forecast tomorrow is good & you'll see miles from the top.

Splash point pool is good too.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing

A friend of mine used to manage that offy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here