Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lamentable Lack of World Cup Rubbish Free Stuff

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Can't believe there seems to be no free crap stuff to accompany this World Cup. Who could forget the SA 2010 World Cup's comedy Peperoni figures who when moved would spout some inappropriate jingoistic mildly racist crap? Saved up those tokens FERVISHLY. Not even CRISPS FFS. Where's the Smoky Beckham or Cheese and Owen of yesteryear, or the sixteen different flavours of crisp of 2010 that every office entered into a tasting knockout cup competition? Blatter OUT!

(Photo shows aforesaid Peperoni figurine guarding Carlsberg football beer fridge, itself from some long-forgotten tournament)

worldcupfreestuff.jpg

What's YOUR favourite free crap of yesteryear? WELL? ???

Can't believe there seems to be no free crap stuff to accompany this World Cup. Who could forget the SA 2010 World Cup's comedy Peperoni figures who when moved would spout some inappropriate jingoistic mildly racist crap? Saved up those tokens FERVISHLY. Not even CRISPS FFS. Where's the Smoky Beckham or Cheese and Owen of yesteryear, or the sixteen different flavours of crisp of 2010 that every office entered into a tasting knockout cup competition? Blatter OUT!

(Photo shows aforesaid Peperoni figurine guarding Carlsberg football beer fridge, itself from some long-forgotten tournament)

View attachment 54515

What's YOUR favourite free crap of yesteryear? WELL? ???

Don't remember the talking Peperami but I really want one now. What did it shout, I note that there are a few on eBay.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Don't remember the talking Peperami but I really want one now. What did it shout, I note that there are a few on eBay.

In the interests of providing NSC with full disclosure, while hoping that the neighbours don't hear and assume me to be head-mental, please find below the full impressive repertoire of the shouty Peperami Fanimal:

- ''Oi! Argie! I'll tell you where you can stick your Hand of God!'
- 'Oi! Spain! You lot are full of bull!'
- Oi! Winker! Stop falling about you limp sausage!'
- Oi! Germans! If you eat pickled cabbage, you'll play like pickled cabbage!'
- Oi! Italy! The only balls you're good with are meatballs!'
- 'Are you veggie? Are Are you veggie? Are you veggie in disguise?'
- 'You tackle like wet lettuce! Put some meat into it!'
- 'He fell over! He fell over! He fell over!'
- 'The referee's a veggie! The referee's a veggie!'
- 'Oh rubbish!'

Possibly worth adding, tho probably not, that I am actually the unproud owner of not one but two variants of the Peperami Fanimal; the original version with the 'Peperami' sponsor logo on the front, and a second version with an additional sponsor logo for sportsdirect.com. :blush:

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
It dawned on me yesterday that this is the first international tournament I can remember without collectible Coca-Cola World Cup glasses. I've got loads of the sodding things and want to add a couple of new ones...much to the undoubted despair of the ever patient other half.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here