Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bowe Bergdahl released.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
"Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl, the American soldier held captive for nearly five years by militants during the Afghanistan war, has been released, the White House said Saturday."

This bloke has been in the hands of the Taliban for five years. I can't begin to imagine what kind of shape he's in.

It rather sounds like our American friends negotiated with terrorists as five from Guantanamo have been sent to Qatar.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Anyone else read the thread title and just assume it was going to be about some obscure Danish defender, probably playing for Blackburn reserves or something, that nobody had previously heard of, and who could arguably do a job?

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Anyone else read the thread title and just assume it was going to be about some obscure Danish defender, probably playing for Blackburn reserves or something, that nobody had previously heard of, and who could arguably do a job?

100% this

Country Seagull

Jan 11, 2013

Followed by about 40 posts of "no hes shit"/"yes please", descending into binfest and then the news he's signed for Cardiff

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland

Glad it wasn't only me.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Could do a job

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
His parents are understandably delighted, I just hope they aren't expecting the same son to return.

Notwithstanding the trauma of being held captive for five years there will also be a number of other question marks

Stockholm Syndrome would be my number one concern. Five years of listening to his captors and there rhetoric will have left an imprint somewhere

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Shouldn't of even been there.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I meant he didn't have a choice where he was deployed. Yes, he didn't have to join up but the army isn't a bad career and soldiers can't be blamed for their political masters making mistakes.

Fair enough point. But hey, you can bet your life the Hollywood script is being written as we type now. He'll do alright out of it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here