Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are we trying to poach a manager or looking for currently unemployed?

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I've been reading these threads manager threads with interest as we all have over the last few weeks and wondering who is in the frame, Sherwood? Clarke? Garde? Clement? Etc.

But why are we looking at currently unemployed available managers? Could we be looking at managers who are currently at other clubs or not? In my currently drunkeness state it could explain the silence whilst we negotiate with their current club?

Is there a manager you'd particularly like even though they're at another club?

Spurs have done a good job getting Pinocchio from them down the road so who's to say we're not doing the same thing?

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Money seems to be a major concern so wouldnt expect TB to pay any club compensation to nick their manager.

Unless they do an Oscsr and resign? With mutual consent it wouldn't cost us a penny would it? Unless there's a clause in their contract?

Just thinking out loud really, none of us know, judging by the fluctuations on the bookies sites' they don't really know either even though they're small markets, it's just got me thinking that's all...

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Brian McDermott has left Leeds 'by mutual consent'.
Is he a good manager or a busted flush? Might wr have spoken to him?

Pintos

Jul 28, 2005
Oxted
When was the last time we appointed a manager who was under contract at another club? I remember about 10 years ago dick knight speaking out that we wouldn't do it as it was unethical.
We'd just lost our manager as part of a mid-season merry-go-round where a few clubs lost their manager in a chain starting with a premier league appointment. We stopped the chain because we're the good guys. Maybe when McGhee replaced Coppell.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Bloom, Barber & Burke are waiting for the ideal candidate who's surname begins with 'B'.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
I've been reading these threads manager threads with interest as we all have over the last few weeks and wondering who is in the frame, Sherwood? Clarke? Garde? Clement? Etc.

But why are we looking at currently unemployed available managers? Could we be looking at managers who are currently at other clubs or not? In my currently drunkeness state it could explain the silence whilst we negotiate with their current club?

Is there a manager you'd particularly like even though they're at another club?

Spurs have done a good job getting Pinocchio from them down the road so who's to say we're not doing the same thing?

Are these questions rhetorical? Or are you seriously expecting an answer. This is NSC where everyone knows the answers to everything. We are waiting for the outcome in the Rolf Harris trial and then we can appoint Joey Barton as player manager. Obvious.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Tony has said money is not a problem in selecting the new manager!

I didnt mean that money was a problem in selecting a manager but it is with regsrds to our general running of budget and meeting FFP so I cannot see TB paying out £500k or whatver in compensation when there are good choices available without this added burden.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
One or the other, probably, or something else.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
I didnt mean that money was a problem in selecting a manager but it is with regsrds to our general running of budget and meeting FFP so I cannot see TB paying out £500k or whatver in compensation when there are good choices available without this added burden.

By this your inferring that money is a consideration where as mentioned above TB has clearly stated it is not.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
When was the last time we appointed a manager who was under contract at another club? I remember about 10 years ago dick knight speaking out that we wouldn't do it as it was unethical.
We'd just lost our manager as part of a mid-season merry-go-round where a few clubs lost their manager in a chain starting with a premier league appointment. We stopped the chain because we're the good guys. Maybe when McGhee replaced Coppell.

Slade

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Slade left yeovil before we signed him (citing lack of ambition from club), to replace the sacked Adams. Whether he was tapped up or not I don't know.

What do you think?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here