Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Uruguay v Northern Ireland

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Uruguay are over-rated judging by this so far.... Mexican wave!! I thought these South American countries were 'hardcore' fans?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I know it's a friendly, but they have been dire so far. This is a (weakened) Northern Ireland we're taking about, a terrible side and Uruguay are making them look good in the first half an hour.

Not just the lack of Suarez either, the midfield look like they have never met before and the defence has been shaky.

Going to Fulham later to see Italy, I'm sure they'll be better.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Unbelievable save that from Roy Carroll. Wondered what happened to him...

Uruguay are absolutely shocking, surprisingly.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
At half-time on the stream I am watching (BeIN Sport Arabia) they have just had an interview with THE Hans Kraay talking about Holland's prospects at the World Cup. And he even got in there "I had a couple of seasons in England playing for Brighton and Hove Albion".

:clap:

Hans is eeeevvvil

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
That was a bit better, 1-0. For the first hour they looked like they were only trying to avoid injury.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Glad I didn't stay up for this match; I thought about it. Uruguay only qualified through the play-offs and without Luis Suarez they are extremely average. Out of all the South American teams they might fare the worst at the World Cup.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here