Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oh FFS

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Really? Watching a made up "real time" text feed for a football match that happened 50 years ago?

Jesus Christ. :nono:

Seems like a bit of harmless fun for a Friday. Much rather this than some shite BBC3 'countdown' compilation thingy with that fat f**k Corden and and that Scouse prick who sounds like he's got Downs Syndrome...

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I am currently trying to revise for my final ever University exam, so that might be why!
Anything* is better than revising, so I can see why that clouds your thought. Though my advice would be to go for a walk, not watch this shite on your computer.

Seems like a bit of harmless fun for a Friday. Much rather this than some shite BBC3 'countdown' compilation thingy with that fat f**k Corden and and that Scouse prick who sounds like he's got Downs Syndrome...
It's harmless but dumb and embarrassing.

*except Britain's got talent or Big Brother. Or that BBC3 'countdown' compilation thingy with that fat f**k Corden and that Scouse prick who sounds like he's got Downs Syndrome

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I remember watching a bit of this when I was younger (on a video or something, probably in the early 90's) and being amazed at how terrible the quality of football was.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Really? Watching a made up "real time" text feed for a football match that happened 50 years ago?

Jesus Christ. :nono:

Errr .... 36k posts on NSC - who has too much time on their hands ? :p

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I've got a tenner on the Germans. Feeling lucky!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
"I say Gerald, what do we do with the live text football reporters during the two weeks of the year that there isn't actually any football?"

"I got it! Whizzer! We'll get them to recreate what they would have written had they been covering great games in the past. That'll stop them surfing the internet for young ladies with bananas or making pitches to the BBC3 office about doing some countdown thing with that fat f**k Corden and the Scouse prick who thinks he's got Downs"

"Top hole. Make it so. We start on Friday....."

"Actually Gerald there's a real England game on Friday. Gerald? GERALD? Come back....."

Country Seagull

Jan 11, 2013
Well I'm quite enjoying watching the video, not seen it before and it's quite interesting to see what football was like 50 years ago. The text updates seem a bit pointless but I suppose it works as a dress rehearsal for all the systems ahead of the live coverage next month.

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
Reading the text coverage and that Hurst bloke hasn't got a clue, why he was picked instead of Mullery I will never know. And 1s6d for a pie? Barber must be laughing all the way to the bank again

Ramsey out1!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here