Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Clarke or Sherwood

Clarke or Sherwood

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GolfingGull

Jul 21, 2013
Costa del Worthing
With Clement and Garde possibly ruling themselves out of the running and other candidates odds drifting, it looks like we may be down to a two horse race. The bookies currently have them virtually neck and neck.

But who would NSC prefer out of these two? Put yourselves in TB and PB`s shoes as having to make the final decision in the best interests of the club as well as pleasing the fans. Tough call?

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
I felt Clarke did pretty well with West Brom before he was sacked in quite harsh circumstances.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Not too keen on either but of the 2 I'd go for Sherwood purely because i think he's more attack minded. I think Clarke would bore us to death with his negative style.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Not too keen on either but of the 2 I'd go for Sherwood purely because i think he's more attack minded. I think Clarke would bore us to death with his negative style.

Attacking football doesn't seem to fit into the Albion "project", the last 2 managers have been "build slowly from the back" so I expect the same from the bext one. Not saying that's riight, but that's what it will be

Clarke, slightly more of a track record but I'd prefer Mackay over both, is he out of the reckoning?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Clarke is dull. We've just done dull.

Give me the basket case that is Tim Sherwood any day please.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
I wouldn't be disappointed with either and if I thought Sherwood would stick around for longer than a season he would get my vote.

But I feel Clarke will stick around for far longer so he gets my vote

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
hangmans_noose_png_by_mysticmorning-d4ns3ak.png

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Attacking- How exactly is Sherwood more attacking? He had Eriksen (one of the best players in the PL), Adebeyor and Lennon all great attacking players. He had no real attacking style just good players. Clarke got some fantastic patterns of play and formations with average players and made Odemwengie look like a world beater.
Experience - Clarke hands down. He's had exposure to some brilliant managers.
Contacts - Clarke.
Integrity - Clarke. If Sherwood's not trying to charm someone he's being agressive and divisive. His football clichés are unreal. Appreciate Clarke is dull but he's still more interesting than Oscar.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
There is so much on this board about what they have done but it is more an issue about what they will each do. Given that much of our defence is changing we are going to need some concentration on organisation there. There also needs to be an emphasis on some entertainment. Either will be good appointments quite honesty and will show how far the club has come. Both have managed in the Premiership with some success and been coaches there, in Clarke's case at the very top. I sense he is more a 'team player' than Sherwood in the overall club organisation and would plump for him. I would expect both to have us in the top half.

Both communicate decently compared to our two previous managers. OK Clarke comes over as a bit dry and dour but if we win enough that will be fine. I would go for him. Sherwood will be great it we do well but may well be a bit unnecessarily divisive if we do not.

I much prefer these two compared to what I would regard as an overseas 'gamble'. Oscar and/or Jones got the results but much of the football was ordinary and communication, at least with the fans, was uninspiring.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I voted Sherwood. I don't like him as a person, considering him to be a generally prattling penis, but the dreary face of Clarke doesn't instil me with excitement, sadly. It's the same as a political vote nowadays in which we choose the prettiest candidate. That's right Faragites, I am saying you fancy him.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Attacking- How exactly is Sherwood more attacking? He had Eriksen (one of the best players in the PL), Adebeyor and Lennon all great attacking players. He had no real attacking style just good players. Clarke got some fantastic patterns of play and formations with average players and made Odemwengie look like a world beater.
Experience - Clarke hands down. He's had exposure to some brilliant managers.
Contacts - Clarke.
Integrity - Clarke. If Sherwood's not trying to charm someone he's being agressive and divisive. His football clichés are unreal. Appreciate Clarke is dull but he's still more interesting than Oscar.

Spot on.

Clement still my number one choice, but if it were a staright choice between these two, Clarke all day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here