Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Friday night Arcade Fire fancy dress roll call thread

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm slightly worried as my cravat has not arrived yet but otherwise I'm really looking forward to this, which is surely the NSC hottest gig ticket of 2014?

A word of warning, keep out of arms reach of die Frau..unless you want your face daubed with silver disco glitter.

Who else?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Seeing them in Denmark in 2 weeks. Can't wait.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Saturday gig for me. Because we're in the cheap seats at the back I'm feeling somewhat underwhelmed at seeing them as dots in the distance. Oh well, you Win some, you lose some I guess.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I've just sold my Friday night standing tickets due to a house move that weekend.

Annoying, particularly as I took quite a hit on what I paid for them.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

ants4t

Jun 17, 2011
I have a pair of Saturday Standing ones that I would happily swap for Friday Standing tickets.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
I've only recently started to get into them, so I didn't bother getting a ticket. Shame, they seem really good live too.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I'm sure even the most ardent 'Fire' fan would admit that their material can be hit or miss. Some stellar moments mixed in with generous helpings of dirge. Collate all of their best stuff and it'd amount to 1.95 absolutely untouchable albums and, as much as I appreciate them and all their kookiness, in the same way that I worship David Byrne for that exact same reason, I don't often think "I really must slap on an Arcade Fire album." Hopefully seeing them live will warm me cockles and I'll be able to overcome these troublesome concerns.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm sure even the most ardent 'Fire' fan would admit that their material can be hit or miss. Some stellar moments mixed in with generous helpings of dirge. Collate all of their best stuff and it'd amount to 1.95 absolutely untouchable albums and, as much as I appreciate them and all their kookiness, in the same way that I worship David Byrne for that exact same reason, I don't often think "I really must slap on an Arcade Fire album." Hopefully seeing them live will warm me cockles and I'll be able to overcome these troublesome concerns.

Thanks Mr Miserable.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
I'm putting it out there, as much as I tried I thought The Reflektor album was a disappointment after the single which I still love. As excited as I was at James Murphy producing it I rate The Suburbs far higher. But that's just me and what makes music such a wondrous thing, the different way different stuff affects us all....... Enjoy the show, unfortunately a short set at a shite and hideously overpriced last Big Day Out in bogan Joondalup is all we got of their seemingly never ending world fancy dress tour here in WA.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Friday for me, HT, as you know - and my cravat arrived AGES ago. We can't leave until around 4pm on Friday, so will make plans to meet - train from Brighton? [MENTION=225]Hamilton[/MENTION] and Mrs Hamilton will also be joining us.

Hugely looking forward to this!

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Friday for me, HT, as you know - and my cravat arrived AGES ago. We can't leave until around 4pm on Friday, so will make plans to meet - train from Brighton? [MENTION=225]Hamilton[/MENTION] and Mrs Hamilton will also be joining us.

Here's me in my outfit...

j27.jpg

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I'm putting it out there, as much as I tried I thought The Reflektor album was a disappointment after the single which I still love. As excited as I was at James Murphy producing it I rate The Suburbs far higher. But that's just me and what makes music such a wondrous thing, the different way different stuff affects us all....... Enjoy the show, unfortunately a short set at a shite and hideously overpriced last Big Day Out in bogan Joondalup is all we got of their seemingly never ending world fancy dress tour here in WA.

The Suburbs for me is an underrated gem and probably my favourite AF album.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I have a cravat plan B. We're staying in London so we will have to meet you in Earls Court; I'll look up a pub to meet in.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here