Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Yes it was.

Play-Off Final.

When Leon Knight cared

fczc.jpg

I watched it in a bar in Majorca with a few Bristol City fans.

They were giving it the large one all afternoon until the final whistle, when they just walked out without a word.

You might recognise this face

fkdt.jpg

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
An amazing day. Sat with all my family, one member of which is no longer with us. It holds a very special place in my heart that day,

ElectricNaz

Jan 23, 2013
Hampshire
Great day, my first ever away game, and genuinely my first time outside of England!

Spoiled by the knuckledraggers in the service station on the way home shouting homophobic abuse in front of their own children, morons the lot of them.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
An amazing day. Sat with all my family, one member of which is no longer with us. It holds a very special place in my heart that day,

Me too.

We were on holiday and i watched the game with my Father-in-Law, who passed away last year. He was a Palace fan so it was even sweeter when the final whistle went.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Leon Knight, what a sad story. He's still only, what, 31 or 32? Should really still be getting goals in Championship or certainly League One if he'd stayed fit and not burned every bridge. One of the great tales of wasted talent and what could have been if he hadn't have had such a sh!te personality and fallen out with everyone.

cardboard

Jul 8, 2003
Mile Oak
I remember being pelted with coins at Cardiff station in the queue for London a couple of hours after the game had ended. Horrible lot they were.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
10 years... very scary. The Swindon semi and this final really seems like no more than 3 years ago.

Boring game. Great result. Lovely sunny day.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Yep, was there with Mrs SS and two daughters plus mate and his family.
We stayed in Cardiff for something to eat after the game, a sort of Witherspoons type pub. Anyway, I had to pop out to the car to get something and there were half a dozen Cardiff youth in the car park and there's me in colours. I thought, eek, this could get awkward.

I started with a polite "Alright lads"
One replied "You Brighton?"
"Err, yeah" [and prepared myself for a battering]
"Well done for beating them Brizzle tossers, we fecking hate them"

The feeling of relief was rather pleasant.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Cracking day out. Proper HOT, beer outside the multitude of pubs surrounding the stadium, and the right result.

I still think the MillStad is my favourite marquee stadium in Britain - full of atmosphere, a short walk from the main station, and loads of pubs near by. Oh, and it was built at a quarter the cost of Wembley, which is decent but really wasn't good value at all.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Yep, was there with Mrs SS and two daughters plus mate and his family.
We stayed in Cardiff for something to eat after the game, a sort of Witherspoons type pub. Anyway, I had to pop out to the car to get something and there were half a dozen Cardiff youth in the car park and there's me in colours. I thought, eek, this could get awkward.

I started with a polite "Alright lads"
One replied "You Brighton?"
"Err, yeah" [and prepared myself for a battering]
"Well done for beating them Brizzle tossers, we fecking hate them"

The feeling of relief was rather pleasant.

I remember walking back to the station, all fans mingling freely (up until we got to the queues anyway). We were following a couple of vaguely menacing looking lads in Bristol City shirts, already properly pissed off. As we approached the station, we walked past a TRAMP who slurred something along the lines of "hahahaha feck off Bristol you fecking twats you lost did yer you shit cnts" in a thick Welsh accent. The worzels didn't know what to say or do - imagine having the piss taken out of you by a VAGRANT. How we chuckled. :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

robinsonsgrin

Mar 16, 2009
LA...wishing it was devon..
it was a fantastic day. a west ham mate volunteered to be driver if we got him a ticket! fair play... but then we had to drop off his other half en route so she could see her family... in Bristol! the return journey was er interesting to say the least..

have a wonderful photo taken pre match in the glorious sunshine with my dear, departed ex.....(miss you Tim!), and we were photobombed by a brizzle fan.... so we had a proper posed one taken. who he was, haven't a clue, but all good natured. crap match, but jeez no voice left. most of my mates had voicemails left which was just me screaming in excitement down the phone...oh well, their penance for being my mates!

what a difference that time makes. I have been to the brink - literally, front row at Hereford, and back with the albion and I wouldn't swap any of it for the world.

footychick

Nicola
Dec 8, 2005
Soham, United Kingdom
I remember it well. Daughter no.2 went but she was a little dot in my belly lol.
What a brilliant day!
Oh and on the way back home in my friends car I remember lifting my top up at some opposing fans :blush:

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Awesome day, weekend in fact.
Top tier at the stadium took an age to climb the stairs to though.
Didn't notice the climb down after winning though :)

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Cracking day out. Proper HOT, beer outside the multitude of pubs surrounding the stadium, and the right result.

I still think the MillStad is my favourite marquee stadium in Britain - full of atmosphere, a short walk from the main station, and loads of pubs near by. Oh, and it was built at a quarter the cost of Wembley, which is decent but really wasn't good value at all.

Don't FORGET MEATING Enrest at Paddington

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here