Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liverpool sign Ricky Lambert

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Very strange move, will almost pretty much halt his career sitting on the bench and occasionally playing in the cup. Why not go somewhere where he will actually get first-team football?

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Very strange move, will almost pretty much halt his career sitting on the bench and occasionally playing in the cup. Why not go somewhere where he will actually get first-team football?

So you would turn down a job with say a 40% pay rise which involved working less?

Great move for him.

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
Does have the knack of being in the right place at the right time. Rather like Sheringham or even Fred Binney.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham

At his age, would he ever get another chance for Champions League football? Also, Liverpool are a big team, I'd happily sit on the bench for them, whilst earning a fortune. He'll still get at least 25 games next year, a good move for an ageing striker.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Remember a couple of years ago, some on here were saying he was shite when it was rumored Poyet was interested in him...Will be a good squad player for Liverpool next season, can't see him starting the bigger games though.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
At his age, would he ever get another chance for Champions League football? Also, Liverpool are a big team, I'd happily sit on the bench for them, whilst earning a fortune. He'll still get at least 25 games next year, a good move for an ageing striker.

Didn't they say that about Robbie Keane? He left after six months, I suspect Lambert will do the same.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013

Like us!?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Suarez on his way out?

Pickles

May 5, 2014
From what I've read about his football career this is genuine 'Roy of the Rovers' stuff.

Comes across as a bloody nice bloke, a sort of 'one of us' if you like.

Good luck to him.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]472099282074734593[/tweet]

I bet they can.

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
Super player, always a class act against us.

On the one hand it's a good signing for Liverpool - a very decent squad player. On the other though, I'd have thought they'd have been thinking a bit bigger after going so close last time round?

D

Deleted member 18477

Great signing for both. Liverpool needed a plan B against Chelsea... Is Lambert a plan B? He's certainly a better plan B than Andy Carroll.

Liverpools best signing will be keeping hold of Suarez still though.

As for Lambert. Moving to Liverpool? Dream move. Dream footballing story. Pleased for him, he's a good player. Champions league football, competing for all 4 trophies... He'll get a good run. Hope he stays fit and it works out for him.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Interested to know how much Southampton will get for lambert,shaw,la lana & Clyne compared to what we got for Barnes ,bridcutt,el abd & probably ulloa

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here