Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How is our scouting network set up?

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Grasshoppers played Yeovil in a pre-season friendly a few years ago.
Our replacement for Ulloa is a kid who hit the post from outside the area in the same game.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Well, I would say that our foreign scouting network is exceptional. Spanish Dave, Calde, Bruno, Vicente, Ulloa (not that needs much scouting), Toko...

Perhaps our local scouting network is perhaps a tad less expansive. It seems a bit lazier too, going to journeymen and poor loanees (Andrews, Dobbie) rather than proper improvements. There are exceptions to both rules obviously (Spanish Dave #2, Crofts, Stephens)

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
What does Warren Aspinall do regards scouting ? I believe he scouts the opposition and reports on games. Does anyone know?
Who is chief scout?

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
tin-can-telephone.jpg

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Thought Mervyn Day was chief scout?, don't the scouts report to him and he reports to David Burke?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
What does Warren Aspinall do regards scouting ? I believe he scouts the opposition and reports on games. Does anyone know?
Who is chief scout?

He puts forward names he can pronounce, then the club gets the ones he can't.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
We have huts scattered across the county in most towns and villages. Groups of kids gather weekly, dress in uniform, make strange pledges to the queen, collect badges and sometimes go camping. I hope this helps.

lighthouse

Feb 27, 2008
north hampshire
I believe the correct answer to the question is as follows: when a signing is a disappointment it was all down to David Burke, when we sign someone who turns out to be good it was nothing to do with David Burke.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Suggest listening to the David Burke interview on the Albion Roar, he explains it in some detail, including the scouts we have based all over the world, and epscpecially in western Europe.

http://www.albionroar.co.uk/archive.php

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;6376080 said:
I thought Zigor Aranalde left long ago?

He did.

Then he returned.

At some point, he will leave again.

I don't know if he will return again, though.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Suggest listening to the David Burke interview on the Albion Roar, he explains it in some detail, including the scouts we have based all over the world, and epscpecially in western Europe.

http://www.albionroar.co.uk/archive.php

Sadly this is no place for clarity, reasoning, and validation.

Therefore the mongers of doom have no interest in a full and frank disclosure of job, qualifications, and club hierarchy.

Never let the truth get in the way of rabid finger pointing when pig ignorant blame can be used to 'justify' your argument.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here