Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] EFREM COMPLETES PARAS' 10 TAB CHALLENGE

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Efrem Brynin, father of fallen serviceman James Brynin who tragically lost his life while serving in Afghanistan, has completed the Paras’ 10 Tab endurance challenge in honour of his son.
The event, which ran in Colchester on 18th May, involved a ten-mile cross country route carrying a bergen weighing at least 35lb (16kg), while wearing long trousers and military style boots.
Efrem finished the endurance race in 1 hour 55 minutes- just five minutes shy from the cut-off point for Paratroopers P Company Selection at 1 hour 50 minutes and was delighted to complete the course.

He told seagulls.co.uk, "I expected the event to be difficult, but I wasn't quite prepared for how difficult. The weather also added to the challenge with high temperatures and no cloud cover.
“The combination of the 35-pound Bergen, steel toe capped boots, sun, and the course, which included swamps, water crossings and numerous inclines tested us all beyond our limits.
“I was delighted to finish, let alone within two hours, and feel a true sense of pride. This is my personnel tribute to my son, Jay, a truly remarkable young man."
Efrem added that he was incredibly thankful to Brighton & Hove Albion and the fans for all the support he and his family have received since Jay's passing. *"We have been so amazed and touched by all messages and donations.
"The club have been fantastic to us and everyone has really helped us during these very difficult months. I cannot thank people enough for their kindness."
You can still donate to Hounds for Heroes on Efrem’s Virgin Money Fundraising Page by clicking here.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here