Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who recruited the 5 youth prospects available for international duty, tonight?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
And that's not even including the boy Greer.

England, Iceland, & Ireland youth set ups, all have Albion players available.
A fantastic achievement that could be better still if Walton were playing.

I'd imagine this is some kind of club record, but who is responsible?

Sneaky adjustment made for the Icelandic under 17 :shrug:
I think you're starting to make these fellas up,

***fingers crossed at least one can be attributed to Burke, just to quieten down the mongers of doom***

Last edited:

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton

***fingers crossed at least one can be attributed to Burke, just to quieten down the mongers of doom***

Which players are playing for these teams?

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Jake Forster Caskey - April 2007
Solly March - November 2011

Burke Started his job January 2012

Emil Assmudsson - January 2013
Christian Walton - February 2012
Dylan Barnett - July 2013
Ragnar Mar Larusson - October 2013

(incidentally, while looking up David Burke's start date, I found he* was responsible for the crash of an airplane: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pacific_Southwest_Airlines_Flight_1771)

*A different David Burke

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Jake Forster Caskey - April 2007
Solly March - November 2011

Burke Started his job January 2012

Emil Assmudsson - January 2013
Christian Walton - February 2012
Dylan Barnett - July 2013
Ragnar Mar Larusson - October 2013

(incidentally, while looking up David Burke's start date, I found he* was responsible for the crash of an airplane: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pacific_Southwest_Airlines_Flight_1771)

*A different David Burke

Probably just a typo, but Walton was signed in February 2013.

Pintos

Jul 28, 2005
Oxted
I'm not sure icelandic youth honours is a particularly high quality. We should aim for a swedish u21 starlet next, they were always good prospects on champ manager.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009

Sneaky adjustment made for the Icelandic under 17 :shrug:
I think you're starting to make these fellas up,

Mar Larusson didn't play yesterday, I was just pointing out he was an International. Today is the turn for Walton in the U19 and Makimenko for Latvia.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Mar Larusson didn't play yesterday, I was just pointing out he was an International. Today is the turn for Walton in the U19 and Makimenko for Latvia.
So many youth internationals, this thread is a half arsed mess.
I apologise to everybody.

I'm not sure icelandic youth honours is a particularly high quality.
Yeah silly me, we should be going from a hand to mouth parochial youth set up to international youth powerhouse within the same generational time frame. Without being pleased of the achievements on the way.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The club recruited them.
You do realise that answer prety much stops you from wading in pitch fork raised, the next time the knifes are out for DB when a higher profile player is deemed a bust.

Bearing in mind every single club in world football have transfers that just don't work.
We won't have too long to wait before you're saying:-

'hang on this is nothing to do with Burke, the club signed the player'.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
You do realise that answer prety much stops you from wading in pitch fork raised, the next time the knifes are out for DB when a higher profile player is deemed a bust.

Bearing in mind every single club in world football have transfers that just don't work.

As it's KZNSeagull he's more likely to wade in waving his knobkerrie.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
So many youth internationals, this thread is a half arsed mess.
I apologise to everybody.

Yeah silly me, we should be going from a hand to mouth parochial youth set up to international youth powerhouse within the same generational time frame. Without being pleased of the achievements on the way.

I think its exciting times. I've heard plenty of people say it will take many years to produce our own players. I believe this is true, but I also think that the academy can produce players now aswell. Our plan is to have two players a season come into the first team from the development squad. Two to go into the development squad from the U18.
If we manage it this season, then we will have 6 players in and around our first team who came through our development squad.

With players like Walton and Rea coming through and the state of our squad at the moment I can see us bringing two players through from the development squad this season.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I think its exciting times. I've heard plenty of people say it will take many years to produce our own players. I believe this is true, but I also think that the academy can produce players now aswell. Our plan is to have two players a season come into the first team from the development squad. Two to go into the development squad from the U18.
If we manage it this season, then we will have 6 players in and around our first team who came through our development squad.

With players like Walton and Rea coming through and the state of our squad at the moment I can see us bringing two players through from the development squad this season.

It would be fantastic to achieve that every year, but it seems a big challenge. I'd be happy with 3 every 2 years.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham

Yes! I just find it interesting that we have to have a long debate about who signed whom when we know the answer. ie It was a club decision - DB, the scouts, the manager, assistant managers/coaches and possibly TB. I know this somewhat stifles debate, but the point has to be made. DB is "doing an excellent job" according to TB - I am sure that if and when he is not doing that job excellently, he will be shown the door.

I will never say that any signing is nothing to do with Burke as he holds the playing budget and is ultimately responsible for all signings. If he balls it up you can give him grief if you like, but he will not sign anyone on his own and on a whim. It will be a collective decision that he, ultimately, is responsible for. So by all means, carry on flaming him if it makes you feel better. But give him credit when he gets it right, as he has done on many occasions so far.

As it's KZNSeagull he's more likely to wade in waving his knobkerrie.

And an Assegai!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here