Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Queen To Release New Album

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
<<< Prepares to be shot down in flames >>> Aren't these albums usually cast off demos, discarded album tracks and manufactured mish-mashes with modern production of stuff simply regarded as sub-standard at the time?
I am sure there are some hidden gems in here though........

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
<<< Prepares to be shot down in flames >>> Aren't these albums usually cast off demos, discarded album tracks and manufactured mish-mashes with modern production of stuff simply regarded as sub-standard at the time?

Quite possibly, but just wanting to hear that voice again is enough to ensure I for one will buy it. :thumbsup:

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Unless I am wrong, did Freddie not keep recording until he could do no more telling the band they can the recordings when he is gone?

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Unless I am wrong, did Freddie not keep recording until he could do no more telling the band they can the recordings when he is gone?

That's where a number of tracks on Made in Heaven came from including You Don't Fool Me which was basically built under a few bits of lines for another unfinished track. I suspect he had more recorded though. Freddie did some piano tracks also I believe.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
May revealed the album will "probably" be called Queen Forever, with the material primarily taken from the Eighties "when we were in full flight." "It's a compilation but it will have this new material on which nobody in the world has ever heard and I think people will really enjoy it," said the guitarist.

So, what do you reckon, a box set of every studio album, to include one CD of new material, priced at £199.99?

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
So you're telling me Lizzie's not releasing an album? Disappointing.

I was hoping for a collection of Beatles covers from Her Maj: Love One Do, From One to One, Please Please One, that sort of thing ...

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Queen died when Freddie did. What's the point ?

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Would like to see 'There must be more to life than this' on it.

Terrific unreleased duet with Michael Jackson

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Having seen Queen and Paul Rodgers at Wembley Arena I can safely say that Queen didn't die with Freddie, they just went into stasis, with occasional vocalists coming into to sing for Freddie. Paul was very open and said he wasn't Freddie and couldn't replace him but would sing the best he could in his honour. He was XXXXing good too.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

Good save at the end, but Made in Heaven was made this way and well regarded.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here