Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet signs new contract

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Well deserved, did incredibly well for Sunderland to take them so far in both cups, and keep them up. Better job than Pulis in my book.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Big Sam got the nod for another season at West Ham too, that's a job Gus craves.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
What a coincidence - Gus gets a new contract after rumours that he wants the Southampton job.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It'll end in tears one day... Guaranteed!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Bob Taylor [MENTION=11930]bob[/MENTION]Taylor19 · 1h
@SkySportsNews See that he waited until the Spurs job had been filled

flint

Jul 9, 2003
eastbourne
He did a great job for us. Created a hope we would really succeed after many years of disappointment. Ended in tears but so so what happens to most managers. Nothing lasts forever but enjoy what life brings

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I disliked him after his apparent antics when the final curtain was twitching, but I found myself cheering on Sunderland in their quest for survival. I put that down to underdogs and the great escape, rather than one of the very few men I have loved.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
As football proves time and time again, contracts aren't worth the paper they are written on.

But good luck to him, eh?

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
He was never going to go to Southampton in a million years. They are going to lose at least three top players and finished 8th last season. Poyet may be many things but he is not an idiot. The only way Southampton are likely to go is backwards.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
He was never going to go to Southampton in a million years. They are going to lose at least three top players and finished 8th last season. Poyet may be many things but he is not an idiot. The only way Southampton are likely to go is backwards.

I can see them finishing higher than Sunderland...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here