Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Derby County fan buys into club after making £500m in Candy Crush investment

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
So Derby has access to new funds, and Cellino of Leeds is about to trouser £69million for selling Cagliari. Looks like there might be a bit of spending power in the division after all.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
So Derby has access to new funds, and Cellino of Leeds is about to trouser £69million for selling Cagliari. Looks like there might be a bit of spending power in the division after all.

Leeds also have significant debt though, and isn't there still some cloud hanging over Cellini?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
On the subject of Candy Crush. Yes, it's quite an addicitve game, but I was amazed how much the collective spend each day on buying what-have-you.

It's not beyond the realms of possibility of 'fixing the odds' rather than randomness to ensure poor souls pay, is it?

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
On the subject of Candy Crush. Yes, it's quite an addicitve game, but I was amazed how much the collective spend each day on buying what-have-you.

It's not beyond the realms of possibility of 'fixing the odds' rather than randomness to ensure poor souls pay, is it?

As with pretty much all mobile games of that ilk, the odds are heavily fixed, evaluated and tailored, sometimes on a user to user basis (although grouping users together is more typical).

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
It's amazing that they manage to convince a collective to part with thousands of £s daily.

Is it £600k a day or something around that.

I'm sure I read a story about an app developer doing something similar, but Candy Crush took off.

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009

theres an interesting article i read somewhere that studies the success of candy crush - and from what i remember it's success is to do with how perfectly balanced the gameplay is, meaning that the player doesn't feel cheated when they lose, and they usually come close enough that they will immediately try again - add to that the limit on how many goes, and paying to unlock, and people will happily pay a small amount (a very small amount compared to time invested/enjoying the game) - but it all adds up for the developers

also they change the level design often, but dont mess around with the gameplay, which means people stay interested with the new level designs, and dont have to learn new controls, which i guess is a big deal for casual gamers

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
theres an interesting article i read somewhere that studies the success of candy crush - and from what i remember it's success is to do with how perfectly balanced the gameplay is, meaning that the player doesn't feel cheated when they lose, and they usually come close enough that they will immediately try again - add to that the limit on how many goes, and paying to unlock, and people will happily pay a small amount (a very small amount compared to time invested/enjoying the game) - but it all adds up for the developers

also they change the level design often, but dont mess around with the gameplay, which means people stay interested with the new level designs, and dont have to learn new controls, which i guess is a big deal for casual gamers

I've noticed that some levels are passable with ease, giving you a sense of victory, , but others are far more difficult. I've been getting messages to buy stuff.

App deleted.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
I've noticed that sometimes you think you've got a game in the bag, everything is falling into place, and then you lose on the final move with the prize tantalisingly close.

Derby County, you say..?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I've noticed that sometimes you think you've got a game in the bag, everything is falling into place, and then you lose on the final move with the prize tantalisingly close.

Derby County, you say..?

Now that is just evil. Very funny, mind :lolol:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here