Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Super off peak travel card

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
I know this is a one days travel (to London) and use or buses & underground included , but are you tied to specific trains times or can you use any train there and back so long as its the same day?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I know this is a one days travel (to London) and use or buses & underground included , but are you tied to specific trains times or can you use any train there and back so long as its the same day?

Pretty certain there are restrictions early morning and late afternoon-early evening.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Also check which train company it entitles you to use. Most super off peak ones exclude the Gatwick Express, and some will be restricted to either Southern or First Crapital Connect.

joeywortho

Jun 3, 2013
re the gatwick express, what kind of wally would ever use it?

ooooo its 5 mins faster than the other trains, score!

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003

Well, I suppose if it was the train that happened to be waiting at the platform when I arrived, and it didn't cost any extra, then, why not?

joeywortho

Jun 3, 2013
would also add that much prefer the 'good' carriages in southern trains to any on the gatwick express. You know the ones I mean yes?

joeywortho

Jun 3, 2013
I actually prefer the Gatwick Express carriages to even the nice Southern ones. Only exception to that is getting off them at Victoria. Very slow.

what is this fresh madness! LOVE getting nicely ensconced in the outside one of a 2 with the arm rest down, beer on the fold down table. Gatwick the pull down tables make a stupid fcking noise if they work at all and the arm rests are a joke. And yes as you say the shambolic system with the doors that means if you are sitting in middle of carriage you can wait for..oooo.. 90 precious seconds!

Cars

Feb 13, 2012
Haywards Heath
I would say don't try and come back at 7 though, it's a really stupid time like 19:14 that your ticket let's you through the barrier at Victoria. There's also a huge surge of people all having super off peak travel cards and it can get quite chaotic.

Frampler

Aug 25, 2011
Eastbourne

If work is paying, it's a no-brainer - less crowded, table to put your laptop on, plenty of space for luggage. Also, if you have a season ticket to a station beyond Gatwick, you can use the express and then change. This can be a godsend at night, as you conveniently sidestep all the vomit-soaked filth making its way to Croydon.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here