Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] WALTON DELIGHTED WITH DEBUT

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Christian Walton described making his debut for England under-19s as one of the highlights of his career to date, after starting for the Three Lions in their 6-0 win over Montenegro last Saturday.

The Brighton & Hove Albion under-21 goalkeeper followed up his debut with another 90 minutes for Noel Blake’s side in a closer-fought 2-1 victory over Scotland on Monday, watched by senior manager Roy Hodgson.He told seagulls.co.uk, “I would say it’s one of the highlights of my career so far, along with being named on the bench for the first-team’s games against Leicester and Middlesbrough last season.
“It was great to get a 6-0 result in the first game. It’s a massive step up playing international football, but I made sure I wasn’t fazed by it and concentrated on doing the simple things correctly.
“The second game was much closer and I had to deal with a number of balls into the box. They were quite a strong side and we had to keep it quite tight at the back, making sure that we were organised.

“They took the lead early on in the second-half, so we had to remain focused, keep our shape and it was obviously very pleasing to get the two goals late on.”

“I didn’t know Roy Hodgson was there until after the game, so it was good to produce a decent performance in front of him.”The young shot-stopper also commented on how pleasing it is for Albion to have Jake Forster-Caskey and Solly March involved at under-20 level for the national team, with Forster-Caskey playing the first 51 minutes in a 2-1 defeat to Brazil on Monday.
“It’s massive and shows just how much the club has come on in the last two or three years. Hopefully there will be even more players breaking into the England set-up in the near future.
"Personally, I’m now looking forward to the new season and hope to progress into the first-team here at Brighton."

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here