Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Goals Conceded

spanishdave

Jul 30, 2013
Hove
We're fourth in the table of teams who conceded the fewest goals this season with 40 (behind Wolves, Burnley and Southend). pretty good.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 640

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Pretty good if you like watching tight defencive teams. Bit of a worry that we have lost three of the main back five and another two are still yet to sign.

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
Personally I'd rather we were bottom of this table and top of the 'Goals Scored' one.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
We'll plummet next season.

People won't really care as long as we're hoofing it up the pitch at every opportunity and are displaying passion at all times.

I've come to realise that these are the core attributes of any successful team, thanks to the enlightened views of those I have the pleasure of sitting near.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
People won't really care as long as we're hoofing it up the pitch at every opportunity and are displaying passion at all times.

I've come to realise that these are the core attributes of any successful team, thanks to the enlightened views of those I have the pleasure of sitting near.

I certainly don't want hoof ball but am really concerned about our defence for next season. I can see Casper being our number 1 and the rest then god knows, really need a manger asap so they can sort this.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
With Upson and possibly Ward gone we'll need some decent purchases. And I think we need to question whether Greer is right for us. Solid he can be, but there's no creativity there.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Our overall goal difference is poor though, in light of this ongoing strong defence.

Maybe we should sell our best striker to shake things up a bit. :hilton:

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
With Upson and possibly Ward gone we'll need some decent purchases. And I think we need to question whether Greer is right for us. Solid he can be, but there's no creativity there.

You want creativity from your centre half?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I certainly don't want hoof ball but am really concerned about our defence for next season. I can see Casper being our number 1 and the rest then god knows, really need a manger asap so they can sort this.

It's the 28th of May, the last league season finished less than a week ago, most of football is on holiday, we haven't got a competitive game for over two months, but , I agree, PANIC!!!!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Why do people think that a high tempo quick passing game is the equivalent to hoofing? Its not. Not at all. Backwards and sideways passing with one isolated up front is boring.

Look at Liverpool and to a lesser extent Derby. Hoofers not a bit. Quick imcicive passing and movement? Lots.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011

Ain't that the truth!

I can't wait for the World Cup and I hope England show some PASSION, when they are miscontrolling a pass.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
As the saying goes: "If you don't concede, you can't lose"

Is a nil-nil better than a 4-5 loss?

Not if you need to win by a few goals to make the playoffs (for example). I jest, but at least in this losing scenario you know your team threw the kitchen sink at it.

Our defence has been excellent since Poyet arrived but I'd trade a few goals for a more attacking style.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here