Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace players released would they come to us???

Matthewsjohn0

May 24, 2014
I know they are ex palace scum but I think they could do a great job for us, especially Gabbidon and Moxey?

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
The players, unless their local, probably couldn't care less about our rivalry so if we offered them a good deal I'm sure they would.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Of course they would if we can pay them enough money. Fact is no one wants to come to is as we haven't a bloody manger.

Hardly a fact is it? I do wonder how much of a factor it is in the mind of players.

I've always thought that if players were that bothered about who their manager is then more would be asking to leave clubs following a sacking.

As it is, most just seem to spout a few platitudes and get on with their job.

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
Parr would do very well for you, a bit disappointed we released him as we'll need 2 new left backs now and he'd be an OK backup.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Hardly a fact is it? I do wonder how much of a factor it is in the mind of players.

I've always thought that if players were that bothered about who their manager is then more would be asking to leave clubs following a sacking.

As it is, most just seem to spout a few platitudes and get on with their job.

Agree. How many people walk out of the job just because their immediate boss quits?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Of course they would if we can pay them enough money. Fact is no one wants to come to is as we haven't a bloody manger.

Are you confusing 'fact' and 'opinion' again?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Players, with the very rare exception, don't give a toss who they play for, as long as:

-they get regular games
-they get paid what they think they are worth
-their move doesn't have a negative impact on their social/family life.

That's it. The days of the lifelong one-club man are pretty much long gone. Footballers are, quite rightly, interested in their careers, not their childhood affinities. Unless you're Craig Bellamy and a boyhood fan of Cardiff, Liverpool AND Celtic. Even Steven Gerrard was all set to decamp to Chelsea in 2007 (?) for a larger salary until [Liverpool agreed to match Chelsea's offer/ Scouse gangster associates of a close relative threatened to kneecap him if he dared to quit]*

*delete according to your personal belief.

Fact: if we wanted any of those players and made them what they considered to be the most advantageous offer, they'd all take it, every one.

Still don't think Speroni will leave anyway, for what it's worth. Which is a pity, as I'm quite looking forward to seeing Wayne Hennessey in the Premier League.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
No palace cast offs thanx .

Erm...in theory Liam Bridcutt was a palace cast-off, as they chose not to sign him. Plus we had Calvin Andrew on loan from them.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Erm...in theory Liam Bridcutt was a palace cast-off, as they chose not to sign him. Plus we had Calvin Andrew on loan from them.

Didn't Blackwell come from Palace or was it Wimbledon?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here