Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Timeshift: Mods, Rockers and Bank Holiday Mayhem.

SAC

May 21, 2014
Look, I don't wanna be the same as everybody else. That's why I'm a Mod, see? I mean, you gotta be somebody, ain't ya, or you might as well jump in the sea and drown.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Only one side of the fence for me......the immense difference in the quality of the respective music dictated it really. Nice prog, missed it so thanks for the heads up.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Laughable how a scooter in any era could be seen as cool.

It's a fart on wheels ffs!

Good programme though

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Different era to me,I was a Teddy Boy,by the time the Mods and Rockers were knocking ten bells out of each other,that weekend ,I was pushing a pushchair along the front,married with baby daughter and son on the way,surrounded by the mob running everywhere,thankfully they all jumped out of the way when they saw the baby,every era has a different culture... punk...until it comes in a full circle...be prepared young kids today,who knows,you might be a Teddy Boy one day.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Laughable how a scooter in any era could be seen as cool.

It's a fart on wheels ffs!

Good programme though
image.jpg
Not cool?

Dandyman

In London village.
Cool as **** but you can't expect dirty grebos to realise that.

Attachments

• scoot1a.jpg
    scoot1a.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 559

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Stuck in the middle love the rock'n'roll feck you attitude but also love scooters, so born at the right time and was a scooter boy in 85 and the rallies were so much more fun than the stiff boring mods.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Stuck in the middle love the rock'n'roll feck you attitude but also love scooters, so born at the right time and was a scooter boy in 85 and the rallies were so much more fun than the stiff boring mods.

Did you belong to a scooter club?
I worked with some lads from Lancing and Worthing around 85/86 and I was really impressed with their customised scooters, can't remember what scooter club they belonged to.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Struck me that some of those in the show within the 'Rocker' camp were just hell bent on speed and 'getting it over a ton'. More to life shirley?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Did you belong to a scooter club?
I worked with some lads from Lancing and Worthing around 85/86 and I was really impressed with their customised scooters, can't remember what scooter club they belonged to.

I lived up nothing then and joined Stockport crusaders SC so much more fun as you could go to rallies and people were more relaxed and you could listen to anything from Psychobilly King Kurt to Bad Manners, Desmond Decker right through to Fine young Canibals and your right the scooters were better when customised or *******ised to an extent it was a feck you to the mods.

Having said you can't beat a triumph or Norton

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Struck me that some of those in the show within the 'Rocker' camp were just hell bent on speed and 'getting it over a ton'. More to life shirley?

Not really if you have tried it!

750 Norton Commando Café Racer back in the 1980's, ride a slightly more comfortable (and a lot faster) Honda CBR600F these days, still love going muchtoofastenough....

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Maybe someone can shed some light on this.
Many years ago, over a bank holiday, I was in Brighton to watch The Albion.
We went to the seafront after the match, loads of mods, rockers and skinheads around.
By the pier some skinhead with some mates came up to me and one grabbed my Albion scarf and tried pulling it of me but it was tied in a knot which slipped up and was strangling me.He was not going to let go and was also giving me a few kicks. I managed to slip it off and he ran off with it as a trophy.
Anyhow this skinhead had an unforgettable face, really evil. A few years later I was in a bookshop and I saw a book about skinheads and low and behold he was on the cover. Turns out he was a real face in the skinhead world and was quite famous after the book was published.
Does anyone know the book I am talking about and if do put a picture of the cover on here.
Its apparently the equivalent of the skinhead bible.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
We went to the seafront after the match, loads of mods, rockers and skinheads around.
By the pier some skinhead with some mates came up to me and one grabbed my Albion scarf and tried pulling it of me but it was tied in a knot which slipped up and was strangling me.He was not going to let go and was also giving me a few kicks. I managed to slip it off and he ran off with it as a trophy.
Anyhow this skinhead had an unforgettable face, really evil. A few years later I was in a bookshop and I saw a book about skinheads and low and behold he was on the cover. Turns out he was a real face in the skinhead world and was quite famous after the book was published.
Does anyone know the book I am talking about and if do put a picture of the cover on here.

Was the book called "skinhead" by Nick Knight ? I suspect not actually as I have just dug the book out and the picture on the front is a skinhead from the back with hands either side of his head with Doug skin on one hand and *76* on his other hand ! It is a skinhead bible I can take a photo and post it or a page if you think it might b it. There is a picture of a skinhead in it who they discribe a member of the Fulham Firm and got to know him he was anything but, just Screwdriver security.... Not sure which would be worse to be honest... Complete nut job and he was my "this is England" mother fecker nearly had me... You grow up and understand there weaker and racist views are bollox. Sorry slightly off topic.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

image.jpg

I haven't got this book but is this what you mean?
I have the book that [MENTION=13230]Psychobilly freakout[/MENTION] is talking about and he is correct the front cover has a picture of the back of a head.

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here