Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Decent pubs in the city showing World Cup games

weeksie

Jan 24, 2012
Couldn't find an existing thread for this:

Looking for some quality/unusual suggestions for watching the games in town? Experienced England games in the king & queen and places like that and it gets quite spicy (NF songs in the K&Q courtyard kind of spicy) so would like somewhere a bit less lary, given how late the K.O's are.

Ideally nowhere too small, as they get packed quickly for football nights.

So suggestions gratefully received.

Cheers!

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

Attachments

• In-Pieces-NYC-Nathan-Sawaya-and-Dean-West-Avant-Gallery-LEGO-yatzer-20.jpg
    In-Pieces-NYC-Nathan-Sawaya-and-Dean-West-Avant-Gallery-LEGO-yatzer-20.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 349

weeksie

Jan 24, 2012
"Pub + world + cup"

"0 results"

The curse of the casual forum viewer, versus people who visit a dozen times an hour eh ;-)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm thinking of mincing along to the Victoria bar on the pier for a squizz. Not a bad little TV/Soccerball venue, as long as you don't get caught behind some GIMP at the bar ordering four cappucinos and a latte.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I was in The Concorde last night - they are advertising World Cup games on the biggest screen in Brighton. 7 metres apparently.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I'm thinking of mincing along to the Victoria bar on the pier for a squizz. Not a bad little TV/Soccerball venue, as long as you don't get caught behind some GIMP at the bar ordering four cappucinos and a latte.

Is that the same pier venue where a German student got stabbed after a world cup or Euro game ?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
To be fair, pretty much all of the pubs in Brighton are small apart from the King and Queen aren't they? The one thing Brighton doesn't really do is large pubs.

weeksie

Jan 24, 2012
The Concord! That's not a bad shout. Got to be better than king and queen/west st surely?

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
The Concord! That's not a bad shout. Got to be better than king and queen/west st surely?

I agree - free entry (first come first served), or £5 advance ticket which gets you guaranteed entry, a burger/hot dog and a pint/vodka splash. 7ft screen, plus the ones in the bar and a screen outside. Sounds ideal.

Cheers [MENTION=19321]Pogue Mahone[/MENTION]

joeywortho

Jun 3, 2013
will the north laine boozer be showing the football? thinking that could be a good big venue for non racists

joeywortho

Jun 3, 2013
for the euros I watched the eng v sweden game in whatever they call the walkabout these days first half then the hope second. Gotta say it was better in with the proles, at least there was an atmos whereas in the hope some hipster c unt sitting on a sofa at the back asked me to move! Still reeling from hearing 'no surrender' in the king and queen in 2006. Jesus.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
Wethies George St put out a few rows of chairsin front of the main TV for big events like the WC. Cheap beer and guaranteed blues and twos when we get knocked out :catfight:

weeksie

Jan 24, 2012
I think a swerve of Horatios is in order ;-)

Hare and Hounds and the North Laine (if they are showing WC) both got potential.

I heard No Surrender in the K&Q after England lost to Italy in 2012...never again.

joeywortho

Jun 3, 2013
king and queen handy though as it just acts as the west street of football pubs i.e anywhere but there

brighton not well catered for football pubs though have to say - mine of choice the monpellier inn but its hardly massive

the concorde just too far away and will just make me wish I was buzzin

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here