Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Everyone now against Sherwood - Why?

ChicagoGull

May 17, 2014
At the end of OG's tenure people spoke about him in a positive light, his GOS interview was equally positive but whenever I see him mentioned now it's with horror or dejection.

Why?

And if not him, and Clement has all but ruled himself out, who?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I've been against him from the start - I believe we need more experience in charge than he has to offer.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Get him in, lets have a different approach.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
I've been against him from the start - I believe we need more experience in charge than he has to offer.

Ditto as well. Also his eyes are too close together.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
I was against him at the start but looking at what's on offer (Mowbury, Houghton, Neil ****ing Lennon) I'd take Sherwood now. Bergkamp with Liam Brady running the academy is my choice though 😀

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Because time and time again the people on this forum and all football forums on the planet have shown they know fook all about football

:goal:

Hugh'sDad

Nov 29, 2011
'Ove
Perhaps he will make the grade as a manager, but I think that this club needs a manager who has built a team and escaped this league before.

I'm not sure he's played at this level or this division before, it requires a certain mindset and understanding that the inhabitants of the thoroughbred Premiership don't always get.

There are better bets than him, out there - let him cut his teeth elswhere.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
We know we're not a big enough club for the likes of Moyes, or Poyet (now), or most people linked with Premier clubs.

We also like to think that we're too big a challenge for Russell Slade, Karl Robinson and other lower-league managers.

So that really means that Tim Sherwood is probably at the upper end of our expectations. We're Brighton. Just because we think it's the best club in the world doesn't make it an A-list job for most managers.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Would be very, very disappointed if we appointed him.

A goon, with very little experience in being in charge.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Personally willing to give any person who is giving the opportunity to prove me wrong. Sherwood may not be mine or a lot of others first choice but he will have my 100% support no matter what

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Having read the thread about him when he took the Spurs job i have been very surprised by the amount of folk who see him as a good manager. Most of the comments about him then were pretty derogatory.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
At the end of OG's tenure people spoke about him in a positive light, his GOS interview was equally positive but whenever I see him mentioned now it's with horror or dejection.

Why?

And if not him, and Clement has all but ruled himself out, who?

Daft post, since Oscar resigned there have always been lots of people for and lots against, just stop selectively reading the many comments on the subject and you'll see.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I wouldn't say Sherwood is at the upper end of our expectations. If anything, it's the other way around - the reason being right now there are a lot of managers with good CVs looking for work, e.g:

Big names - Moyes, Laudrup, O'Neill. Championship success - Mackay, Hughton. Other Prem - Steve Clarke, Meulensteen, Di Matteo. International - Yakin, Lennon, Rangnick.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here