Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our best and worst signings over the last four years.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
For me best is Ince,worst is Harley.
Ince is good,he was on a free and still has loads of potential.
From the first time I saw Harley he was the slowest player on the pitch,and that includes the goalies.!

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Best Upson or PIG

Worst Vicente for promising so much and delivering so little

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Is this including loan signings?

If so;

Best - Bridcutt (signed in 2010 so I think counts?)

Worst - Paynter

Honourable mention - Razak

If you were there for the Ipswich game then you know why Razak is mentioned. God like.

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
If we're including loan signings

Best - Bridge, Upson, Vicente, Ince all for different reasons. Ward was a pretty good signing too.

Worst - (oh dear, here we go) Rodriguez, Harley, Obika, Agustien (for temperament mainly), Barn Door Billy, Dobbie

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
P
If we're including loan signings

Best - Bridge, Upson, Vicente, Ince all for different reasons. Ward was a pretty good signing too.

Worst - (oh dear, here we go) Rodriguez, Harley, Obika, Agustien (for temperament mainly), Barn Door Billy, Dobbie

You can only one ,that is the game ,not dozens.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Best has to be Bridcutt. Signed on a free, was player of the year twice, and left for upwards of £3m.

Worst is Agustien, as things stand. Cost us money to buy, and big wages, and has to date contributed absolutely sod all.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Best pound for pound signing would have to be Bridcutt; although Ince may eclipse that.
Worst is Agustien. I don't know how much he cost us in fees, but even if it was on a free he's cost us £500k in wages.

ElectricNaz

Jan 23, 2013
Hampshire
Best signing, probably Bridcutt, just, from Upson

Worst signing, pound for pound, has to be CMS or Hoskins. Yes Hoskins was desperately unlucky with injuries but cost us £250k per goal over three seasons. CMS cost £2.5-£3.5million, and at this level you'd expect more output from him in terms of goals. Compared with Ulloa I just think CMS was terrible value for money (however, I do like CMS... the price tag is what makes it a terrible signing)

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
With a new manager perhaps Augustien will be a changed player. When we signed Guy Butters he was overweight and terrible. Then ,not sure if it was a new manager but he turned out really good. Well we can live in hope.

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
Best - Buckley, for scoring those two goals against Doncaster.
Worst - Hoskins. Looked so promising (that goal against Cardiff was brilliant) but injuries have caused him to barely play. And when he is finally fit again he's released which is a shame.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Best: American Express
Worst: David Burke

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Worst Vicente for promising so much and delivering so little

This is a bizarre selection.

Played 29 games, scored 5 goals.

When he did play he was usually the best player on the pitch, could dribble round people like they were not there and curl in free kicks like no-one I have seen at the Albion in recent times.

I know you have said he 'promised so much' but when he did play he delivered so much too. We had quality, but admittedly not so much quantity.

Best: Bridcutt
Worst: Obika

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here