Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Movie Title... NSC decides!

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
OK so our new feature film is currently called Media Studies - here are the details - www.mediastudiesmovie.com Now we are considering changing the name as folks tend to think that we are making a Media Studies project... funny that!

So we could go for something like The Hallowed or The Dirge (traditional horror stuff) or...

...what is your honest gut reaction to this title? Ridiculous or quirky and cool. I'm torn. Would the younger NSC'ers get the reference?

postergirlpeskysm.jpg

(igonore the references to Media Studies in the small print)

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I'd change the music.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
The Michael Jackson Story

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
My initial thought to the title 'pesky kids' is more that the film will be a silly one, rather than a scary one. It tends to evoke chaotic babysitting services or crèches rather than found footage dark tunnel horror movie, or Scooby doo.

The Hallowed sounds ok if there is a religious bent to the story (I noticed monks on the casette in the trailer, so could fit).

The Dirge tends to evoke a sense of slow and boring, probably not ideal as a title.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
My initial thought to the title 'pesky kids' is more that the film will be a silly one, rather than a scary one. It tends to evoke chaotic babysitting services or crèches rather than found footage dark tunnel horror movie, or Scooby doo.

The Hallowed sounds ok if there is a religious bent to the story (I noticed monks on the casette in the trailer, so could fit).

The Dirge tends to evoke a sense of slow and boring, probably not ideal as a title.

Good stuff. I guess going with The Hallowed or similar would be the obvious choice. Maybe a Scooby Doo reference is pushing it a bit!!

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1

Agreed. Pesky kids does not work for a thriller. Give us some more details about the film so we can throw some ideas around for you....

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
Agreed. Pesky kids does not work for a thriller. Give us some more details about the film so we can throw some ideas around for you....

Three Media Studies Students embark on their end of year exam piece on cyber bullying but end up in the realms of a strange creature / person dwelling in an old army barracks who is sacrificing young girls to the Devil.

Cheery stuff!

[yt]3Wg6s84kaOY[/yt]

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012

I'd have to agree with this.

The Hallowed isn't bad but Pesky Kids sounds like something you'd expect Steve Martin to pop up in.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
'Pesky Kids' is a Scooby Doo reference - a programme for young kids - and is therefore completely inappropriate for a genuinely scary movie. If this title was applied to a commercial film it could be dead in the water before release just for this reason alone.

You've outlined the briefest of plots, but the key seems to be a killer in an army barracks. The title should therefore have a military connotation, or highlight the method of killing, i.e. Driller Killer, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, or both.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here