Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brian Deane

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
If we looking for a progressive young British coach with some experience playing/managing on the continent we can do a lot worse than looking to Norway where Brian Deane is carving a name for himself in management.

He guided Sarpsborg 08 to survival against all the odds last season in their first season in the Eliteserien holding his nerve to win a tight relegation play-off. He has now made an encouraging start to his 2nd season with Sarpsborg currently lying in a respectable 11th place. Translated a couple of atrtciles from Norwegian and seems like he's doing a solid job.

pa-photos_t_top-10-football-brians-photos-clough-1711i.jpg

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Can you do me a favour and stop with these threads where you pick a random ex-player and tout him as a future manager? I can see that as with Ernest, it's the law of diminishing returns with your previous repertoire of joke subjects and you're trying to branch out with new gags but you're really milking this beyond anything remotely entertaining. Less is more.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Can you do me a favour and stop with these threads where you pick a random ex-player and tout him as a future manager? I can see that as with Ernest, it's the law of diminishing returns with your previous repertoire of joke subjects and you're trying to branch out with new gags but you're really milking this beyond anything remotely entertaining. Less is more.

He#s not just any old random ex-player. Many people wnat Clement as an English coach making a name for himself abroad, looks unlikely we can pull that one off so Brian Deane is a viable alternative.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Bloody hell. I thought we'd reached a low with the Peter Reid thread but this......

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

My favorite post of the week.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Whatever his abilities as a coach, its undeniable that for us to have the man who scored the historic first EVER goal in the EPL as manager here would be a massive, massive coup for the club. I think thats where Crodo is coming from.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Whatever his abilities as a coach, its undeniable that for us to have the man who scored the historic first EVER goal in the EPL as manager here would be a massive, massive coup for the club. I think thats where Crodo is coming from.

Oh, THIS. I'm not sure there has been quite such an important goal scored, anywhere, in history, as that first goal in the Premier League. Can anybody else think of one?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
If we looking for a progressive young British coach with some experience playing/managing on the continent we can do a lot worse than looking to Norway where Brian Deane is carving a name for himself in management.

He guided Sarpsborg 08 to survival against all the odds last season in their first season in the Eliteserien holding his nerve to win a tight relegation play-off. He has now made an encouraging start to his 2nd season with Sarpsborg currently lying in a respectable 11th place. Translated a couple of atrtciles from Norwegian and seems like he's doing a solid job.

pa-photos_t_top-10-football-brians-photos-clough-1711i.jpg

LOLz. There are 16 teams in that division :dunce:

Keep 'em coming, Crodo :wrong:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Oh, THIS. I'm not sure there has been quite such an important goal scored, anywhere, in history, as that first goal in the Premier League. Can anybody else think of one?

I'm struggling to think of a more significant event in the history of sport to be honest.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
I'm struggling to think of a more significant event in the history of sport to be honest.

Perhaps the Fastest Ever Premier League Goal. That's another historically significant statistic. So significant in fact, that I have no idea who scored it.

Someone will know, we shouldn't really consider ourselves football fans if we don't.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012

Teddy Sheringham scoring the first Premier league goal on a live Sky broadcast surely just pips it?

What an honour that is for Teddy, to sit back, look at his medals and know that he ushered in the Sky era...

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Teddy Sheringham scoring the first Premier league goal on a live Sky broadcast surely just pips it?

What an honour that is for Teddy, to sit back, look at his medals and know that he ushered in the Sky era...

Oh good call. Live on Sky possibly elevates it just a fraction above Brian Deane.

Sheringham's proudest moment, no doubt. Champions League, Schmampions League.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Perhaps the Fastest Ever Premier League Goal. That's another historically significant statistic. So significant in fact, that I have no idea who scored it.

Someone will know, we shouldn't really consider ourselves football fans if we don't.

I think from memory it may be Ledley King against Bradford, 16 secs.

I was young when that happened and it has stuck with me since, although this may have been beaten now.

Edit* It was 10 seconds flat.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Oh good call. Live on Sky possibly elevates it just a fraction above Brian Deane.

Sheringham's proudest moment, no doubt. Champions League, Schmampions League.

Was it officially the best league in the world back then as well?

I've always assumed it was, but that's only because I simply can't imagine a time when football didn't revolve around the quality, competitiveness and integrity that is the cornerstone of the PL/Sky alliance.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Wonder if we missed a trick here, Deane has had a fine ssason at Sarpsborg leading them to a generation high of 8th and the Semi Finals of the Big Cup.

Last edited:

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Wonder if we missed a trick here, Deane has had a fine ssason at Sarpsborg leading them to a generation high of 8th and the Semi Finals of the Big Cup.

Indeed, he was certainly the one name on the tip of all of our tongues after both Poyet and Garcia left.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Could be a lively outsider? A Brit making a name for himself abroad. Big risk but we know Bloom is a man who doesn't mind a bit of risk.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here