Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I see Seagull Star is out of the Derby.

D

Deleted User X18H

But still in the Edward VII stakes and Irish Derby.

Ante Post gone down!!!!

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Not an awful lot about the two runs this season suggested Derby winner really did it....

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Not trained on ?

I wouldn't say that, Ernest. The debut win was very promising but the 2nd horse has a rating of 78, the 3rd has been beaten off 89 and Johan Strauss should probably have won anyway and has also turned out to be a little disappointing. SS ran quite well at HQ on reappearance but it wasn't what you'd call a Derby performance and I didn't think he acted particularly well round Chester so perhaps they think Epsom is not ideal either. Stayed on quite well there late on so maybe 12f on a more conventional track will see a better run.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
I wouldn't say that, Ernest. The debut win was very promising but the 2nd horse has a rating of 78, the 3rd has been beaten off 89 and Johan Strauss should probably have won anyway and has also turned out to be a little disappointing. SS ran quite well at HQ on reappearance but it wasn't what you'd call a Derby performance and I didn't think he acted particularly well round Chester so perhaps they think Epsom is not ideal either. Stayed on quite well there late on so maybe 12f on a more conventional track will see a better run.

Maybe that 1 1/2 mile handicap at Royal Ascot if they have a workable mark ?

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Well, he won't be going up from 97 so can contest 0-100 if they don't want to run in the G2.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here