Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bear Grylls The Island

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Instantly shot in to No1 on my must-see viewing list for the week after seeing the first one tonight. Have Ch4 REALLY picked a fair cross-section of British guinea pigs or hand picked characters that they know will fast forward the show into Lord Of The Flies territory in the most entertaining manner? I suspect the latter but how do you fancy YOUR chances in this situation?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Just a couple of points while you have been away, 1, there are 4 people in the group who have previous experience of "survival " skills. 2, the "well " on the island was topped up with abundant water pre shoot. 3, Two Caymans were " introduced " to the island rather than them actually living there and being er, wild. So remember that when they go through the rigmarole of catching and killing an animal that was practically hand reared. For real survival programmes, I'd suggest watching anything by Ray Mears.

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
Ryan needs a kick in the nads ,a cry baby from Stockport boo hoo i didn't see the Turtle man up ffs.

He had every right to be annoyed. They all knew he really wanted to see one and chose not to tell him it was there, then Rupert started bragging about it.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Let me know when they resort to canabalism and I'll tune in.

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
Just a couple of points while you have been away, 1, there are 4 people in the group who have previous experience of "survival " skills. 2, the "well " on the island was topped up with abundant water pre shoot. 3, Two Caymans were " introduced " to the island rather than them actually living there and being er, wild. So remember that when they go through the rigmarole of catching and killing an animal that was practically hand reared. For real survival programmes, I'd suggest watching anything by Ray Mears.

to be fair - they all had survival training beforehand

i think 2 of the guys are cameramen for bear grylls on his tv shows, but if what they say is true about bear grylls not actually doing any surviving, i dont know how far their survival skills would go

the well on the island being topped up and introducing caymans im not that bothered by, its a tv show, and they need to find an island thats suitable that they can ensure will be very tough, but not impossible, hence adding the crocs and water. it would be a bit dull if after 3 days they had to go home because there was actually no water there to begin with.....

id say that although its not as real as it possibly could be, its entertaining nonetheless, its still an extreme challenge

Last edited:

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
He had every right to be annoyed. They all knew he really wanted to see one and chose not to tell him it was there, then Rupert started bragging about it.

this is supposed to be a 'survival' show right?

Dont think he was riding round the island in the back of his mums car strapped into his car seat, like he was at Wipsnade.

Bad Rupert, get to bed.

The Stout Yeoman

Master Farter
Aug 14, 2003
59 Le Petomane Boulevard

If he had any incling of the reproductive cycle of the giant turtle he'd know that they lay their eggs at night ...if he was that bothered he should have ventured out with the rest of the troop on their night manoeuvres which was his best chance of seeing one ....

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
this is supposed to be a 'survival' show right?

Dont think he was riding round the island in the back of his mums car strapped into his car seat, like he was at Wipsnade.

Bad Rupert, get to bed.

The ones that found it were talking about how much Ryan would like to see this but decided they wouldn't. Whether it is a survival show or not they should have done the decent thing and got him. And as it is a survival show, motivation and teamwork is very important. Not telling him about it hasn't helped his motivation and has definitely not helped their team bonding , so productivity is likely to decrease.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
The ones that found it were talking about how much Ryan would like to see this but decided they wouldn't. Whether it is a survival show or not they should have done the decent thing and got him. And as it is a survival show, motivation and teamwork is very important. Not telling him about it hasn't helped his motivation and has definitely not helped their team bonding , so productivity is likely to decrease.

I don't think he would've woken up even if they went back for him!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Ah, but as it is a TV show, there has to be falling outs/and hissy fits and strops, the producers wouldn't have a show if everyone just got on with things like fishing and gathering coconuts etc.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Ah, but as it is a TV show, there has to be falling outs/and hissy fits and strops, the producers wouldn't have a show if everyone just got on with things like fishing and gathering coconuts etc.

At least The Island starring Ewen McGregor was upfront about being a work of fiction!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here