Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Screw you, Sainsbury's

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
They've gone from giving the 'comparison discount' when you spend £20, to only giving you the comparison discount when you spend £20 AND buy at least 10 different items.

e.g. Previously if you bought a bottle of Jack Daniel's at Sainsbury's for £21 and it was only £17 at Tesco, you'd get a 'store credit' voucher for £4 to spend at another time.

As of 2nd June, you'll get far-call, when your bottle of JD is £4 cheaper in Tesco unless you've bought 10 different items... so now you have to buy your bottle of JD, an onion, a carrot, a Brussels sprout, a cherry tomato, a bottle of basics water, etc. etc.

W4nkers. :rant:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Alternatively you could research the price of luxury items in advance, for yourself. Oh sorry, I forgot, its the 21st century.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Times are hard for Britain's supermarket giants, for years they have been ripping us off quite merrily until Aldi and Lidl came along working to much lower profit margins. They're all sweating it now, Morrison's suddenly have cut loads of items in order to regain business, suddenly, loads of products can be sold cheaper. So it's good for consumers and bad for supermarkets and probably even worse for farmers and growers who are going to have their earnings slashed.

Times are hard for Britain's supermarket giants, for years they have been ripping us off quite merrily until Aldi and Lidl came along working to much lower profit margins. They're all sweating it now, Morrison's suddenly have cut loads of items in order to regain business, suddenly, loads of products can be sold cheaper. So it's good for consumers and bad for supermarkets and probably even worse for farmers and growers who are going to have their earnings slashed.

...And probably not so great for their staff either. Race to the bottom anyone?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
...And probably not so great for their staff either. Race to the bottom anyone?

Valid point, I forgot the staff. Profit's for shareholders must be maintained at ALL costs no matter how.

Dowling93

Jun 22, 2009
Brighton
They've gone from giving the 'comparison discount' when you spend £20, to only giving you the comparison discount when you spend £20 AND buy at least 10 different items.

e.g. Previously if you bought a bottle of Jack Daniel's at Sainsbury's for £21 and it was only £17 at Tesco, you'd get a 'store credit' voucher for £4 to spend at another time.

As of 2nd June, you'll get far-call, when your bottle of JD is £4 cheaper in Tesco unless you've bought 10 different items... so now you have to buy your bottle of JD, an onion, a carrot, a Brussels sprout, a cherry tomato, a bottle of basics water, etc. etc.

You've got it wrong this is what the e-mail says:

From 2 June, you'll no longer need to spend £20 to qualify - just pick up 10 different items instead (including at least one comparable branded product).

So you no longer have to spend £20

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Didn't sainsburys used to justify their premium prici g by highlighting their "in store experience" well it turns out that people increasingly don't give a shit about that and are happy to schlep around a damp barn as long as its full of cheap stuff.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district

Agreed. The various Pound shops have had an impact as well.

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
Valid point, I forgot the staff. Profit's for shareholders must be maintained at ALL costs no matter how.

To be fair to Sainsburys I worked there for a year in 2012, and wages only went up during my time there, albeit only by a few pence and hour.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
To be fair to Sainsburys I worked there for a year in 2012, and wages only went up during my time there, albeit only by a few pence and hour.

I've worked there for 11 years - there's yearly pay reviews and I can't remember a time they haven't gone up (usually only by a few %, but it's still appreciated) plus performance related bonuses.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean

8emupega.jpg

Baaaald

3rd time lucky
Aug 7, 2011
Haywards Heath

Maybe you need to calm down. You are wrong 10 item instead of £20 now means that it works in your favour! Epic fail!

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
It's not like you are entitled to it, it was a perk getting the difference back, now they've changed the rules. Their prerogative. If you were that bothered you would go to Tesco and pay less, surely?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here